• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

COUNTDOWN TO DEER SEASON 2021

It is really difficult to get a group of 5 with the same goals—-I have been a part of a group of 5 since 1992 if I had to start over I properly would elect to quit
I’m blessed with a GREAT group at my lease. We all have pretty much the same goals…..To have a good time and we all pretty much want to kill mature deer and let younger bucks walk. Once in a while a buck gets misjudged but we make no fuss whatsoever. Archery season and kids/inexperienced hunters are our only exceptions regarding the taking of younger age class bucks…..it’s no-holds-barred.

FB_IMG_1631259097818.jpg

I have to get some land in mid-south ga. We don’t have anything like that in north ga
They’re up here…just have to find them or lure them.
Great deer, hoping to get first one with a bow this season. Anyone shoot Schwackers?
Yes, tried them all and finally found the holy grail of mechanicals.
Can’t count how many deer, coons and coyotes I took with 100 grain swhackers.
I usually get three kills before bending a blade if I get good, clean pass throughs but sometimes a bone will do a number on a blade.
Don’t forget to keep track of your extra yellow bands in the package….I have some shrink wrap tubes I cut to use if I run out of bands.
Yes! And I'm a huge fan of them. Had some bad experiences with other mechanics, including the loss of a huge buck. Folks on here got me to try the Schwackers and I can't say enough good about them. Very consistent and accurate. The practice head really does have the same point of impact as the hunting point. Devastating wound channel. I've killed three deer, two coyotes and a raccoon with them. Flawless!

Back
Top Bottom