• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

COUNTDOWN TO DEER SEASON 2021

They’re up here…just have to find them or lure them.

Yes, tried them all and finally found the holy grail of mechanicals.
Can’t count how many deer, coons and coyotes I took with 100 grain swhackers.
I usually get three kills before bending a blade if I get good, clean pass throughs but sometimes a bone will do a number on a blade.
Don’t forget to keep track of your extra yellow bands in the package….I have some shrink wrap tubes I cut to use if I run out of bands.
What do you use to Luer them in? I’ve been running corn in a bit of the acorn attraction since late July. The deer are actually starting to taper off now however pretty sure I’ve had somebody illegally hunting nearby for about a month.

What do you use to Luer them in? I’ve been running corn in a bit of the acorn attraction since late July. The deer are actually starting to taper off now however pretty sure I’ve had somebody illegally hunting nearby for about a month.
me personally I don’t use lures other than natural deer urines, mock scrapes and licking branches although I might give that nose jammer stuff a try but I doubt I’ll spray myself as I’d rather spray a location in which I’d like the deer to ultimately stand.
I will put out a mineral block to get them coming to a specific location but will replace it with mock scrapes once they start coming regularly once the season starts.

Got these at 8:10 this morning

Attachments

• 62259546-8B52-49E1-849C-CC5F06B9EB60.png
    62259546-8B52-49E1-849C-CC5F06B9EB60.png
    756.7 KB · Views: 20
Plenty acorns being blown out they hitting our feeders about 50% when they start until gone

Back
Top Bottom