• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

COUNTDOWN TO DEER SEASON 2021

46 more...

8bc751e0501c879c234e02b613ece5b7.jpg

I sure hope she doesn't ever get on odt!!

Get you this and pack of blades View attachment 3372453 and never worry about a sharp knife again.you will never look back
I skin deer with my pocket knife most of the time. I keep a razors edge on it using this about once a week. You find this one or one similar at Walmart for 10-12 bucks. I keep one in the kitchen for the knives in there and another one in the truck for my pocket knife. Well worth the money.
00246660.jpg

I skin deer with my pocket knife most of the time. I keep a razors edge on it using this about once a week. You find this one or one similar at Walmart for 10-12 bucks. I keep one in the kitchen for the knives in there and another one in the truck for my pocket knife. Well worth the money.
00246660.jpg
Dude! I have 3 of these! I have them stashed in my back, truck and duffle!

Get you this and pack of blades View attachment 3372453 and never worry about a sharp knife again.you will never look back

QUOTE="hikingthehills, post: 11642030, member: 13966"]I skin deer with my pocket knife most of the time. I keep a razors edge on it using this about once a week. You find this one or one similar at Walmart for 10-12 bucks. I keep one in the kitchen for the knives in there and another one in the truck for my pocket knife. Well worth the money.
00246660.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I like that both of these are orange. This past year I field dressed a deer right at dark without my darn flashlight handy. Set my knife down next to the deer and it took a while to find the thing because both the blade and handle are black.

QUOTE="hikingthehills, post: 11642030, member: 13966"]I skin deer with my pocket knife most of the time. I keep a razors edge on it using this about once a week. You find this one or one similar at Walmart for 10-12 bucks. I keep one in the kitchen for the knives in there and another one in the truck for my pocket knife. Well worth the money.
00246660.jpg
I like that both of these are orange. This past year I field dressed a deer right at dark without my darn flashlight handy. Set my knife down next to the deer and it took a while to find the thing because both the blade and handle are black.[/QUOTE]

A good pocket knife is much easier than a large hunting type knife. Skinning a deer involves cutting around type corners, and organs. hikingthehills hikingthehills knows his stuff.

I like that both of these are orange. This past year I field dressed a deer right at dark without my darn flashlight handy. Set my knife down next to the deer and it took a while to find the thing because both the blade and handle are black.

A good pocket knife is much easier than a large hunting type knife. Skinning a deer involves cutting around type corners, and organs. hikingthehills hikingthehills knows his stuff.[/QUOTE]
Over the years I've started using a small knife. The one I use at the house while quartering them up only has maybe a 2 1/2" blade on it but that thing will shave ya. It's probably cut up 50 deer or more. It's the smallest one of the bunch. https://www.amazon.com/remington-sportsman-big-game-skinner/dp/b001h0eqg6

A good pocket knife is much easier than a large hunting type knife. Skinning a deer involves cutting around type corners, and organs. hikingthehills hikingthehills knows his stuff.
Over the years I've started using a small knife. The one I use at the house while quartering them up only has maybe a 2 1/2" blade on it but that thing will shave ya. It's probably cut up 50 deer or more. It's the smallest one of the bunch. https://www.amazon.com/remington-sportsman-big-game-skinner/dp/b001h0eqg6[/QUOTE]

I used a small Gerber skinning and cutting deer up for probably 20 years, till I lost it. Maybe 50 or more deer including my buddies . Great knives.

Back
Top Bottom