• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

COUNTDOWN TO DEER SEASON 2021

Over the years I've started using a small knife. The one I use at the house while quartering them up only has maybe a 2 1/2" blade on it but that thing will shave ya. It's probably cut up 50 deer or more. It's the smallest one of the bunch. https://www.amazon.com/remington-sportsman-big-game-skinner/dp/b001h0eqg6

I used a small Gerber skinning and cutting deer up for probably 20 years, till I lost it. Maybe 50 or more deer including my buddies . Great knives.[/QUOTE]

I bought a folding Gerber Gator at the sporting goods store I worked at in high school back in 1993. I've had that knife longer than I've known my wife and I've carried it on every hunt since I bought it. Lost count of the deer it's gutted but the black matte finish originally on the blade is all but gone. If I ever lose that thing I'll cry lol

Case trapper with 2 blades does it all and has for my 52 years of deer seasons. Not the same one mind you but several like it. A Schrade has been the longest lived and goes every trip

U.S. Air Force survival knife. Been on every hunt since 93 and dressed out @ 60+ deer, count off the top of my head. Haven't added them up in a little while. Well worn and used. Got a late start in life to deer hunting

I buy a new knife for every hunting season. It's one of my rituals that gives me good luck. I know I'm a dumbass. Got a good collection of hunting knives though.

I have a crap ton of knives also, one of these days I'll get them together and count. Off the top of my head 10 are Gerber.

I’m going to field dress a deer with this!
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom