• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

COUNTDOWN TO DEER SEASON 2021

These are my two long range service providers (they might leave the safe twice a season) I inherited the weatherby Mark-V 300 Weatherby magnum from my grandfather. It’s got a vintage Ziess Diavari-Z 3-12X56 scope on it that cost more than the gun it’s self I think. My grandfather had a taste for the finer things. The Browning BAR is chambered in 300 win mag and is an anniversary edition with a MUCH cheaper but still high quality Vortex CrossfireII 4-12x50 scope on it. If anyone likes the BAR shoot me a PM and it might could even be yours lol
A25FC596-B460-4854-9480-E6393B0465A8.jpeg

Looking forward to making some more hunt stories this season.
Got my dream rifle a few weeks back.
A browning BAR sporting rifle , plain Jane 80’s model with no fancy engraving, darn near mint condition chambered in 300 win mag.
I love the caliber and so far nothing walked away from it last year when I spit a few from the A bolt medallion…..controlled devastation.

Also have my trusty Excaliburs ready to most of the heavy hitting this season.
The trusty exomax and its insane little cousin the 335 micro which has a new set of limbs and all eager to do some stalking hunts.
I love that little, evil monster.
I think I'm about to get but the Micro 360. I'm selling off a few things to fund the purchase and should have it by this weekend. I keep looking at different ones but I keep coming back to this because of the weight. The only other one I may get would be the assassin 400.

I think I'm about to get but the Micro 360. I'm selling off a few things to fund the purchase and should have it by this weekend. I keep looking at different ones but I keep coming back to this because of the weight. The only other one I may get would be the assassin 400.
the micros are really cool but they had a problem with the limbs breaking, not sure if they’ve corrected the issues but I had a set of limbs crack in me while cocked and ready in a climber waiting for Bambi.
I kept hearing a snap sound come from the crossbow then all of the sudden one of the limbs just began to fold inward cracking so I fired it at the ground to get rid of any possibility of a projectile with a blade coming at me and it very weakly fired into the ground.
Excalibur sent me a new set of limbs for free but apparently if not original purchaser they told me a new set cost $100.00
The problem I read about online was due to the heating process in which to cure the cami wrap.
The new limbs came with no install instructions or torque values for the bolts but they came with new bolts.
I haven’t had any issues yet with the new limbs .
Luckily the day they broke I had my exomax fairly close by in my truck for back up.
In my opinion the issue is most likely with the short limbs which are much thicker than the full size limbs in order to get the same speed and power as the longer ones thus creating more stress for such a short throw.

These are my two long range service providers (they might leave the safe twice a season) I inherited the weatherby Mark-V 300 Weatherby magnum from my grandfather. It’s got a vintage Ziess Diavari-Z 3-12X56 scope on it that cost more than the gun it’s self I think. My grandfather had a taste for the finer things. The Browning BAR is chambered in 300 win mag and is an anniversary edition with a MUCH cheaper but still high quality Vortex CrossfireII 4-12x50 scope on it. If anyone likes the BAR shoot me a PM and it might could even be yours lol
View attachment 3392652That BAR is a looker, love the furniture on that rifle.

the micros are really cool but they had a problem with the limbs breaking, not sure if they’ve corrected the issues but I had a set of limbs crack in me while cocked and ready in a climber waiting for Bambi.
I kept hearing a snap sound come from the crossbow then all of the sudden one of the limbs just began to fold inward cracking so I fired it at the ground to get rid of any possibility of a projectile with a blade coming at me and it very weakly fired into the ground.
Excalibur sent me a new set of limbs for free but apparently if not original purchaser they told me a new set cost $100.00
The problem I read about online was due to the heating process in which to cure the cami wrap.
The new limbs came with no install instructions or torque values for the bolts but they came with new bolts.
I haven’t had any issues yet with the new limbs .
Luckily the day they broke I had my exomax fairly close by in my truck for back up.
In my opinion the issue is most likely with the short limbs which are much thicker than the full size limbs in order to get the same speed and power as the longer ones thus creating more stress for such a short throw.
Now you're making me rethink my purchase.:shocked:

Now you're making me rethink my purchase.:shocked:
Sorry didn’t want to do that to ya.
Excalibur’s website has decent forums…..may want to browse a bit there and see if you can find out if they corrected that issue.
I love the heck out of my micro though.
So much nicer for walk and stalk hunts.

Back
Top Bottom