• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Countdown to Deer Season

This was opening weekend of bow season 5 years ago. I would let both of them walk now but I was more than happy to shoot them then.
10592615_10202802253920187_7428027476168169373_n.jpg

Went out in my backyard to hang my game camera a few minutes ago. Put out a bit of corn and while hanging the camera I heard a noise behind me, turned a saw a deer about 15 feet away. It jumped back into the woods before I could get a pic. I’ve been seeing several in the yard for the last few weeks. Will post some pics soon!

Until then enjoy this one from last season.

0825C19A-A3F1-4D1E-809A-2EA446BE144D.jpeg

FEC2C708-83CC-41A9-9099-554CD826B07C.jpeg

Went out in my backyard to hang my game camera a few minutes ago. Put out a bit of corn and while hanging the camera I heard a noise behind me, turned a saw a deer about 15 feet away. It jumped back into the woods before I could get a pic. I’ve been seeing several in the yard for the last few weeks. Will post some pics soon!

Until then enjoy this one from last season.

View attachment 2205469
View attachment 2205470
That's a horse with antlers! 45 to go...

That's a horse with antlers! 45 to go...
Yep, he was a hoss for sure. Unfortunately I found out a couple of months ago that a neighbor (1/2 mile or so away) got him last year. Bummer!
That deer showed up in my backyard the week of thanksgiving last year for three evenings in a row. Always after dark, never saw him during daylight hours.

I was always one of those guys that said I didn't like shooting sticks at them I will wait for lead season. Well 5 years ago I was reading about all the advancements in archery equipment. So I started to look for deals online as I didn't want to spend a lot of money in case I didn't like it. Ended up finding a centerpoint crossbow on sale for around $200 bucks and pulled the trigger. Opening day of archery season on my first hunt ever with a crossbow I end up killing one of my biggest bucks ever. Ive been hooked ever since. Love that it adds an extra month to my season.
IMG_2437.jpg

Back
Top Bottom