• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Countdown to Deer Season

I was always one of those guys that said I didn't like shooting sticks at them I will wait for lead season. Well 5 years ago I was reading about all the advancements in archery equipment. So I started to look for deals online as I didn't want to spend a lot of money in case I didn't like it. Ended up finding a centerpoint crossbow on sale for around $200 bucks and pulled the trigger. Opening day of archery season on my first hunt ever with a crossbow I end up killing one of my biggest bucks ever. Ive been hooked ever since. Love that it adds an extra month to my season.View attachment 2205770

Nice deer and welcome to the trader!

I was always one of those guys that said I didn't like shooting sticks at them I will wait for lead season. Well 5 years ago I was reading about all the advancements in archery equipment. So I started to look for deals online as I didn't want to spend a lot of money in case I didn't like it. Ended up finding a centerpoint crossbow on sale for around $200 bucks and pulled the trigger. Opening day of archery season on my first hunt ever with a crossbow I end up killing one of my biggest bucks ever. Ive been hooked ever since. Love that it adds an extra month to my season.View attachment 2205770
That’s a dandy! Congratulations

I made this pic with my IPad a few minutes ago. Kinda hard to see them but it’s a spike still in velvet and a doe at the far edge of my back yard.
Gives y’all an idea how far from my rear deck they are.

D28C54AB-D29D-4355-9B63-59FB5BEC02FC.jpeg

DD4969C6-93B5-4055-910C-245BAD0B23E3.jpeg

I should have much better pics on my game camera. I will pull the card tomorrow and post up some pics in the trail cam forum.

963345D9-7E02-4B79-8C27-39CB2C794331.jpeg

This is a better pic of the two in my yard yesterday evening.

View attachment 2206421

Taxidermist said he is working on these boys now. Should have them back this week. If this coming hunting season is 1/10th as good I will be a happy man. Can't wait.

This picture is still unbelievable..! Really once in a lifetime story!

Back
Top Bottom