• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Countdown to Deer Season

Nice buck Bear.
Hope he steps in front of your weapon.

Yeah if I got a record monster I’d just keep the antlers, put the meat in the freezer and not even bother with the hype
of scoring it.
Does he have a fat sister?
He actually doesn't have a lot of sisters in the area. My buck to doe ratio is about 3 to 1. 3 being the bucks. I don't know where the does go when they grow up, but most don't stick around here.

He actually doesn't have a lot of sisters in the area. My buck to doe ratio is about 3 to 1. 3 being the bucks. I don't know where the does go when they grow up, but most don't stick around here.

Yeah usually it’s the other way around.
I’ll see bachelor groups right before archery then I won’t see any bucks till late december....just does.

Been a group of five immature bucks across the street under the neighbors crabapple tree for the past couple weeks.

Haven’t seen the big boys yet but doesent mean they’re not around.
I need to plant some fruit trees on my property.

Getting some new arrows made up for the recurve. Easton XX75 Camo Hunter 2018’s with a reflective yellow wrap and orange 5” feathers on a four fletch. These will be tipped with 205 grain Simmons Interceptors (1 & 9/16” cut) Matching nocks are on their way.
EB974FC2-31EC-4732-B154-FAC49B036DD7.jpeg

They reflect light very well. Should be easy to find.
DAB5D6EB-0E75-43AB-AD62-B55E359FE42B.jpeg

What's with the coloring on that 8pt? Piebald?
All the other 8-12 deer I've seen on the property are solid light brown, unless it still has spots.

Attachments

• IMG_6356.jpg
    IMG_6356.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 589603321.jpg
    589603321.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom