• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**COUNTERFEIT BILLS**

I am in management at a restaurant and with our lobby closed due to the current Corona situation we've been seeing more low lifes with counterfeit 20$ Bills. They've been hitting our teenage cashiers especially. I've caught 2 this month. And 2 have slipped past our cashiers. I finally caught one of these %$^&÷= plates and I was wondering what is my best course of option. The top brass wants us to keep the Bills and call the police if there is any protest but without my handy dandy edc at work I am not comfertable with this. Especially with minors in the drive thru window. Obviously I've been training my cashiers with spotting these Bills but is there anything else I can do?

Notify the US Secret Service, counterfeit money is their territory.

call police, they will forward it to secret service

they dont **** around with counterfiets too often

best advice is to train your employees not to accept older bills if suspect and post a sign stating it i guess (most fakes are stamped 1985 or 96 and have the old style because people arent as use to how they look and will accept them thinking "ohh its just 1 old bill")

Do not try to apprehend or keep the bills if a confrontation will ensue. Not worth it. Get a tag number if you can but do not expose your staff or yourself to danger. I used to get them in the 80's in the deposits at Starvin Marvin food stores in Macon. Irritating to be sure, but I just reviewed why they weren't good with my cashiers.
"Starvin Marvins"...Damn dude how long you been in Macon? So were you over the one at Poo Nono and Eisenhower and the one close to Whiskey River?

"Starvin Marvins"...Damn dude how long you been in Macon? So were you over the one at Poo Nono and Eisenhower and the one close to Whiskey River?
Pio Nono & Eisenhower. That was my "home store" where I was training for DM. I'd travel to the Byron truck stop and the one on Vineville Ave., but never to the store on Houston Ave/247 or Gray Highway. That store manager (Houston Ave) was caught using White Out on drop deposit tickets her cashiers were filling out at shift end and stealing money, but never prosecuted.

I was born in Macongo, grew up on Jekyll Island, came back to Macon in '75. Went to GMC in Milledgeville, then Athens (UGA) and left GA for 23 years in 1987. I've been back in Macongo since 2010.

Step 1. Carry a pistol in caliber of .45 or larger.
Step 2. Catch somebody handing off said bills in the act.
Step 3. Shoot them in the elbow.
Step 4. Post pictures on the ODT of the thug laying on the ground holding his elbow before the cops arrive.

Those markers don't work or you don't have any? I've used them before on any large transaction with cash, use to have to use them when i was young and worked in a grocery store

Back
Top Bottom