• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Court won't overturn GA church gun ban

Ruger762 is correct. A letter from a pastor doesn't change anything. It is still unlawful to take a un into church. The only place where an owner's permission means anything is a bar. Otherwise, govt buildings, churches, schools/colleges and polling places are completely off limits.

Thats what I thought according to the statement GCO released.

Well better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Discreet EDC and if I get arrested for defending the lives of others in my church then so be it.

This is the same as the school issue. Bad guys want to go where they can do the most damage without getting hurt themsleves by another. So Churches get the big "NO GUNS HERE" sign. Not a good thing in today's climate.

Ruger762 is correct. A letter from a pastor doesn't change anything. It is still unlawful to take a un into church. The only place where an owner's permission means anything is a bar. Otherwise, govt buildings, churches, schools/colleges and polling places are completely off limits.

This^^^^^ It used to be OK to carry in church if you had permission from the church, but not any more. That was changed with the newer "weapons" permit.

If you're doing it correctly when people discover that you are armed, they will be thanking you.

Well better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Discreet EDC and if I get arrested for defending the lives of others in my church then so be it.

This is the same as the school issue. Bad guys want to go where they can do the most damage without getting hurt themsleves by another. So Churches get the big "NO GUNS HERE" sign. Not a good thing in today's climate.

My old job had me riding around in a lot of vehicles with a sticker of an AK in the circle with the line drawn through it. The first point of business was to remove all of those stickers from the inventory vehicles!

Talk about a huge target, might as well yell "Come and get me, you'll be OK, it's safe for you!"

You Sir need to be the standard in which all Americans should abide by........you make too much sense.

Someone get me a time machine so I can go back and see what Americans lived like before they handed their balls to the government.

I don't think the state should be able to tell churches what they can and can't do either. GCO has been trying to get the law changed , they even filed a lawsuit against the state but lost. Get in contact with your state reps and tell them to support changing the law.

I suppose myself and others will just continue to break the law every time we step into a place of worship until this finally gets knocked down.

Back
Top Bottom