• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Court won't overturn GA church gun ban

We need to get rid of the whole concept of 'gun free zones', not just in churches.

It's worse than pointless. It's deadly and it needs to be taken off the books before more people die because of it.

We have a super-majority here in GA this session... now would be the time to push this. When I was out in Utah this summer, there were no 'gun free zones' at all.

Schools, stores, churches, none of them disarmed law abiding citizens. They have never had a school shooting there. You never see them having a mall shot up. Churches are as safe as... well church.

There's no reason we here in GA shouldn't be enjoying that same level of safety and security.

We need to get rid of the whole concept of 'gun free zones', not just in churches.

It's worse than pointless. It's deadly and it needs to be taken off the books before more people die because of it.

We have a super-majority here in GA this session... now would be the time to push this. When I was out in Utah this summer, there were no 'gun free zones' at all.

Schools, stores, churches, none of them disarmed law abiding citizens. They have never had a school shooting there. You never see them having a mall shot up. Churches are as safe as... well church.

There's no reason we here in GA shouldn't be enjoying that same level of safety and security.

Excellent example and yet the states with the strictest guns laws do have those types of incidents. HMMMM. :rolleyes:

All over talk radio the liberal callers are all whining about armed guards in schools being a potential for more violence with more guns added.
Man these people are so off their rockers.

My kids high school has cops " resource officers" at their school during school hours and for after school activities.
They are moms and dads with families, not storm troopers like these liberals are portraying them to be.

These officers have worked wonders keeping the schools drug free and are a big deterrent for kids that may want to pull stupid stunts.
Any sign of gang activity is homed in on immediately and I have not heard one student or parent complain about these officers, in fact, my Daughters have had several lengthy conversations with the officers and feel very comfortable that they are there.

It's not like they are wanting to put camo faced mercenaries in the hallways that look at each student as a possible threat by staring holes through them while gripping a machine gun.

Their argument is that we are turning our schools into a police state........ha,ha....funny that they will use this argument in this situation but totally ignore anything else their freedom killing commie friends in the democrat party do.

I have emailed both Isakson and Chambliss concerning the guns in church issue and have not heard back from either.....I am expecting a general lame response letter on their support for the second ammendment if anything but the more people that do it the better.
It's one thing to ***** about it, but if you're going to complain at least tell it to the right people, your elected representatives.

How can the state tell the church( separation of church and state) they can't have armed security?
Even if its part of the congregation doing the carrying.

I agree the government shouldn't. But I'd say it's the same way that organized religious groups have become so involved in politics. I'm with you on that separation it can only lead to bad things for both parties.

Pretty sure I'm exempt, as are any LEOs who may attend church. Just go volunteer with the GSDF until the law is changes and get your military ID, so you're exempt, too.

I do agree with the separation thing...government has no business telling any church what they can or can't allow, as long as it doesn't actually hurt anyone else.

Pretty sure I'm exempt, as are any LEOs who may attend church. Just go volunteer with the GSDF until the law is changes and get your military ID, so you're exempt, too.

I do agree with the separation thing...government has no business telling any church what they can or can't allow, as long as it doesn't actually hurt anyone else.

have not heard of any church staff member rampage yet.

I don't think military are exempt unless they are doing something duty related like an investigation.

Back
Top Bottom