• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Covid Stinks

I lost 2 friends this week to Covid. They were brothers, I went to school with Donald and his brother Jimmie was younger but work some with both of them. Very Good people, also went to school with their sister. The family is in shock I’m sure. Jimmie died Tuesday and Donald this morning just 2 rooms apart in the hospital. Pray for this family and their Mom and Dad. RIP Brothers in the arms of Jesus. My heart aches. Donald was diagnosed the same day with Covid the same day I was and at the same Urgent Care as that was the last time I got to talk with him. Pray for the family when you pray.
I just got the call about Donald. Found out about Jimmie a few days ago. My heart weeps!!! I didn't know Jimmie but if he was half the man Donald was, he was a good man!

Really sorry to hear this. My younger brother (34 years old) is on a ventilator fighting for his life out in Utah. He's been sick for a couple weeks and had a really mild case that he was getting better from and suddenly things tanked a few days ago. He's severely overweight and is very high risk with that. Thankfully he is making improvements each day. In his case, the doctors believe that covid isn't what landed him in the ICU. It was bacterial pneumonia that lead to ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) that he became susceptible to because of the covid. If his roommate wouldn't have called 911 when he did, my brother would already be dead. His o2 level was only 40% when paramedics showed up.

Really sorry to hear this. My younger brother (34 years old) is on a ventilator fighting for his life out in Utah. He's been sick for a couple weeks and had a really mild case that he was getting better from and suddenly things tanked a few days ago. He's severely overweight and is very high risk with that. Thankfully he is making improvements each day. In his case, the doctors believe that covid isn't what landed him in the ICU. It was bacterial pneumonia that lead to ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) that he became susceptible to because of the covid. If his roommate wouldn't have called 911 when he did, my brother would already be dead. His o2 level was only 40% when paramedics showed up.
Wow.

One of my neighbors was on the vent for what must be two months. From what I know he's off it, awake, and rehabbing now. So there is still hope.

Wow.

One of my neighbors was on the vent for what must be two months. From what I know he's off it, awake, and rehabbing now. So there is still hope.
Just based off the improvements he's made over the last few days, we're very optimistic that he'll be off the vent soon, but he's not out of the woods yet. What's crazy is I was just chatting with him less than a week ago and he was telling me that he was only mildly sick and doing just fine. I was shocked when I got the call Wednesday morning.

Hands.JPG

Back
Top Bottom