• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coyote in your yard in a subdivision ?

my son was sitting in his deer stand, and a yote came trotting thru the woods, he swung and popped him good, rolled him over and blew a hole in his side the size of a fist. Yote innards everywhere. He is going yote hunting seriously when deer season is over in January.

View attachment 3789247

Even legal coyote elimination might be best done discreetly, if you're in a subdivision full of Karens and gun-hating Democrat housewives who will call the cops and allege animal cruelty.

Figured the "discreetly" part was obvious with suppressed 22 and "what people don't know won't hurt them".

Right, and I agree with you.
And the pic shows have my own suppressed weapon if it comes down to that on my property, although I don't live in a subdivision and there's only one neighborhood near me that could hear one of my gunshots in the backyard.
On three other sides I'm surrounded by woods, fields, and cow pastures.

As much as I thought I knew about all the legalities of firearms and firearms law, an ":nvolved citizen" (cough, cough) pointed out to me that "nobody hears the first shot."

Clarke County, the smallest county in the United States, is infested with coyotes. Day time sightings are not unusual, I have a couple of pictures I took just riding down the road, one next to the Montessori school.

Based on a local bulletin board, they don't pose much threat, except maybe to cats, which seem to disappear on a regular basis.

My yard backs up to a wild area, and I have seen a couple. I have a Martini .22 with a 24 inch barrel, and standard velocity bullets go subsonic, and subsonic bullets go silent, In fact, when shooting subsonic, I make sure the barrel is clear after every shot.

Anyway, I've seen 2 coyotes in the last 15 years on the adjoining property, and they both became indisposed. We have more Nancy's per square mile than anywhere else south of Manhattan, and none of them have said anything (or least not loud enough to provoke any official reaction)

Back
Top Bottom