• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coyote in your yard in a subdivision ?

One time I was pulling into my driveway and look over to see a coyote just sitting under my neighbors bird feeder in his backyard. I silently exit my car and sprint inside for a gun. I happen to have a coyote call I bought for a trip out west laying in the kitchen that I grapped on my way out. I crept out the kitchen door to the backporch were I was parallel to my neighbor and pull my gun up. The coyote was still sitting under the bird feeder, eyes closed, basking in the sun. I have the crosshairs on its forehead but something feels off. I decide to try to caller just for kicks but as soon as I hit the call the coyote dead sprints away and into the hood before I can react. I laugh it off and promise myself next time I'd take the easy shot. A week later I came into my neighborhood a different way and spot the same coyote in a different neighbors front yard. This time it has a leash and collar and is being walked. I struck up a convo with the neighbor and come to find out the coyote is just a really old, skinny, mangy husky that he took from a friend to live its final days outside an apartment complex.

One time I was pulling into my driveway and look over to see a coyote just sitting under my neighbors bird feeder in his backyard. I silently exit my car and sprint inside for a gun. I happen to have a coyote call I bought for a trip out west laying in the kitchen that I grapped on my way out. I crept out the kitchen door to the backporch were I was parallel to my neighbor and pull my gun up. The coyote was still sitting under the bird feeder, eyes closed, basking in the sun. I have the crosshairs on its forehead but something feels off. I decide to try to caller just for kicks but as soon as I hit the call the coyote dead sprints away and into the hood before I can react. I laugh it off and promise myself next time I'd take the easy shot. A week later I came into my neighborhood a different way and spot the same coyote in a different neighbors front yard. This time it has a leash and collar and is being walked. I struck up a convo with the neighbor and come to find out the coyote is just a really old, skinny, mangy husky that he took from a friend to live its final days outside an apartment complex.
Damn.

that was a close call.

If you ask our neighbors who would be staunchly against killing predators and rodents. They will tell you, We use “tranquilizer” guns and “relocate“ the critters.
That’s nothing but nutty-crunchy hooey.... Out here they are reinstating the wolf population in rural areas and making them a protected species. That just seems like a great idea to me.

We are already seeing wolf packs migrating to Northern Colorado from Wyoming and taking cattle and dogs and they can't kill the wolves, just tranquilize and relocate... If I were a cattle farmer I would invest in a suppressed. 308 and a backhoe.

Back
Top Bottom