• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coyote rifle suggestions

I've used both my AR with 58 grain boolits and my Savage Trophy Hunter Model 11 in 243 (up to 100 grain) very successfully for coyotes.

Options for rifle.
1. Savage Axis - 279
2. Savage model 10 xt trophy hunter - 595
3. Remington Model 700 stainless hunter -572
4. Savage model 12 thumb hole stock, dual steel bedded, accu trigger and stainless barrel, laminated stock - 1,000
5. Tikka T-3 - 639
6. Remington 700 VTS 26 inch heavy barrel - 839
All the rifles quoted are in 22-250 and prices from cheaper than dirt. You could find these guns a lot cheaper elsewhere.

There a lot of contenders but I just threw out a few great options in different price ranges. I would go with the Remy myself and have it worked over by a great gunsmith. However, for those distances, you are talking about all the accuracy you would need right out of the box.

Or the AR10 route. DPMS has a lite hunter in 243 for 1,400. A bit steep and I bet it weighs a ton. A used AR-10 DPMS usually goes for around 900 but finding one in 243 would be a challenge.

We have a pretty Savage A17 laminate in the case in 17 hmr.....not sure the NV would fit....with a decent hp round that may do it......semi auto speed, fairly inexpensive round, and pretty laminate stock....

Back
Top Bottom