• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coyote trapping

Came up empty today, maybe 30 years has dulled my edge! I will see tomorrow , put a couple of more sets out. One in cutover , wired to log surely if I were a Coyote I would get my ass caught!

Ruger 22/45 with Dead Air Mask makes fast work of a big ole con and they sit real still with one foot in a dogproof trap, fast and effective dispatch.

I lucked out so bad last season.
I had a family of coons eating my outside cats food every night.
One night I saw the motion light trip so I got the 10/22 with my red light and snuck out near the porch and was able to ambush two juveniles.
Next day I set up my climber for deer and noticed two adult coons walking the shallow creek bed real sneaky like.
I pounded the rear one with the crossbow then reloaded real quick while the other one ran around confused.
It went uphill on a log then crossed in front of me 20 yards on another log then turned onto another log heading back to the creek and I popped it just as it was diving into a hole.
No more midnight cat food bandits.

I lucked out so bad last season.
I had a family of coons eating my outside cats food every night.
One night I saw the motion light trip so I got the 10/22 with my red light and snuck out near the porch and was able to ambush two juveniles.
Next day I set up my climber for deer and noticed two adult coons walking the shallow creek bed real sneaky like.
I pounded the rear one with the crossbow then reloaded real quick while the other one ran around confused.
It went uphill on a log then crossed in front of me 20 yards on another log then turned onto another log heading back to the creek and I popped it just as it was diving into a hole.
No more midnight cat food bandits.
More of a challenge than my dogproof traps but same outcome for the coons and the cat food!!!!

Nothing today, one trap sprung , jaws were lodged open a little with a piece of bark. A couple had fox tracks in cover material. I set up offset to the hole to try to get Coyote not Fox. Tomorrow we shall see!

Back
Top Bottom