• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coyotes and SuperMoon

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
Last night we had a "super moon." A full moon that was 7% larger than normal, due to its orbit bringing it unusually close to Earth.

The coyotes in my part-suburban, part-rural area were going nuts. At one point I thought I had a pack of them howling in the back yard (I've got an acre of grass that backs up to a neighboring property's 100-acre woods and cow pasture).

I went outside with a .22 WMR rifle with an attached Mag-Light.
If I'd have seen any, I might have taken a shot. It was late enough that I might possibly be in violation of a county noise ordinance, however. But I'd like to find some of those varmints out in the brush line, where I can put the crosshairs on one of them, sometime in the early evening.

The howling stopped when I was outside, but after I went it, 5 minutes later it was back, this time from about 200 yards away in my neighbor's front yard.

Firecrackers to give me plausible deniability?

And the dead animal in my yard would be explained as...

... the Black Cats gave the poor critter a heart attack?

There's no way I could dig a hole, bury the 'yote, and cover it up before the cops arrived, if one of my neighbors called the cops over the gunshot at night.

Oooh, but I could have some holes pre-dug, maybe with some freshly trimmed vegetation to cover up the bare dirt.
1sz2br.jpg

Back
Top Bottom