• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CQB Course New

KingMickey

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
11   0
Reaction score
Want to start some CQB training course. Besides ammo, sling, cqb gun what are some things do i need to bring or have?

Do i need a vest?
Sorry for the short summary but just getting started.

Gear changes based on the mission/ course. Not sure if you're doing night ops, basic room clearing, interdiction, or what have you. Defer to the Instructors for a list. If you're military/ le, practice how you play. If you're a civilian, you probably won't be carrying a bunch of equipment in a real situation so a minimalist approach will be better.

For those looking for an actual loadout:
  • Pistol + holster
  • Rifle + sling (recommend 2pt slings)
  • Mag holders
  • Vest/ plate carrier (if required or you want too)
  • Bump or Ballistic helmet (if required or you want too)
  • Solid belt (tactical belts optional)
  • Eye Pro + Ear pro + spare batteries
  • Water source (Camelbaks are great and always on you)
  • Food/ snacks (Keep it lite. Peanuts, trailmix, granola bars, sandwich, etc)
  • Footwear (Put on foot powder and don't wear brand new boots, trust me! lol)
  • Handheld & Weapon mounted lights + spare batteries (200-600 lumen recommended. Too much power causes "light wash" and ruins night vision.)
  • Note taking gear (There will be a ton of information and it's difficult to retain all of it. Also, ask if you can bring a camera like a GoPro. It's great to review later and learn from it.)
  • NODs (If going to be operating in low light. Chem lights also come in handy.)
  • First aid kit (should be one on site and a medic, but just in case)
  • Meds (sounds dumb, but I've had students fall out from issues like low blood pressure and migraines.)
  • Retention strap (if you're going to be going hands on or mounting obstacles)
That covers most everything you could need, minus breaching tools and whatnot. Again, practice how you play.

Back
Top Bottom