• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

crack in the windscreen

Before my rock chip actually cracked, Safelite told me they could repair it as long as it was less than 3"

They quoted me about $140 to repair it which is ridiculous. I was out of town when it happened. My local window guy quoted me $50 for a repair, which is about what I expected. The thing cracked clear across the windshield before I could get it repaired though. I think the outside heat and the AC in the car is what did it, so good luck. If you can leave it parked and not let it thermally cycle and he can come out to fix it, you've got a shot at a repair...

Before my rock chip actually cracked, Safelite told me they could repair it as long as it was less than 3"

They quoted me about $140 to repair it which is ridiculous. I was out of town when it happened. My local window guy quoted me $50 for a repair, which is about what I expected. The thing cracked clear across the windshield before I could get it repaired though. I think the outside heat and the AC in the car is what did it, so good luck. If you can leave it parked and not let it thermally cycle and he can come out to fix it, you've got a shot at a repair...
Some folks cain't even be bothered to put down a biscuit for less than a hunnet dollah anymore.

Well "less than 3" should be easy for you to measure... :)

TWSS :)

so photos just wont do much lol so i didnt bother with photo

dude was about an hour late, said he was stuck on 285 (believable) was very nice and professional, job took 17 minutes total. there is a small little white speck where the center of the crack was. the lines are mostly gone, although two are sightly still visible but he said it comes with a gauruntee that the cracks will not run after the repair

im a satisfied customer

Back
Top Bottom