• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

cracked skillet lid help needed

I have an extra lid somewhere in storage, but for the life of me, I can't remember what size it is. I'll try to find it over the weekend and if I can find it I'll shoot a pic or two, and you can see if you think it'll work. If it will, you can have it for whatever you think it's worth. I ain't never gonna do nothing with it.
thanks Samjo. I appreciate it. 770- 4 oh 2- 89fiddytwo
brian

thanks Samjo. I appreciate it. 770- 4 oh 2- 89fiddytwo
brian
Well hell....I don't think she's gonna work for you. I was worried about even finding it....but I went right to it. Problem is, it's for a 10" fry pot, not a 12".

Sorry bout that.....I tried!

You can find them on Ebay, just the lid, but they're high as giraffe pzzy. If you search for one, you should search the term (12" Dutch Oven Lid). I think that's what you have rather than a skillet. I say that because of the high ridge on the outside of your lid. That's where you would stack hot coals on a dutch oven so you have heat from the bottom and the top when your cookin' in it.

Good luck with your search!
:)

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1403.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1403.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 6
Well hell....I don't think she's gonna work for you. I was worried about even finding it....but I went right to it. Problem is, it's for a 10" fry pot, not a 12".

You can find them on Ebay, just the lid, but they're high as giraffe pzzy. If you search for one, you should search the term (12" Dutch Oven Lid). I think that's what you have rather than a skillet. I say that because of the high ridge on the outside of your lid. That's where you would stack hot coals on a dutch oven so you have heat from the bottom and the top when your cookin' in it.

Thank you

This. Leave it alone

I have a couple of saucepans that are cracked all the way through, don't leak and i use on or the other every day.

That said, because there's no pressure or stress, it can be successfully brazed IF it is successfully preheated.

But I would still leave it alone.

Back
Top Bottom