GONE

metalpeddler88

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
63   0
Reaction score
---GONE---

PLEASE READ WHOLE AD BEFORE CONTACTING ME

I've got a Craftsman jack that I no longer use. It's been outside for a couple months, but the only rust I see is on the wheels, the stickers are sun faded. The jack doesn't work, it needs repair. I am pretty sure it needs new o-rings, a common complaint with these Craftsman jacks. It will lift up by itself, but won't lift a car. I already bought a new jack, so I don't need this one.

This is free, but with stipulations:
1. It's free, you must come to me, morning or evening.
2. You can't take it and scrap it for cash, you must repair it or use it for parts.
3. YOU CAN NOT USE THIS TO RAISE ANYTHING UNTIL IT IS REPAIRED AND TESTED. I can't emphasize that enough, I will not accept any blame if you injure yourself (or worse) just because you disregarded my warning.
4. It would be nice to get positive feedback. ;)

Located in Auburn, GA, 30011. Thanks for looking! :wave:

Attachments

• 20171107_091529.jpg
    20171107_091529.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 20171107_091540.jpg
    20171107_091540.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 20171107_091621.jpg
    20171107_091621.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 98
I thought sears had a life time warranty
Yeah, the good ol’ days. Now when you take any craftsman hand tool back it depends on th storage and the management as to whether you get anywhere with repair or replacement. The past years I’ve heard the argument that we don’t make that particular one anymore so it’s not replaced. You then have to argue with them that while they don’t make that particular exact ratchet, or wrench, or screwdriver, (and have not for 20 years), they do still make a more cheaply made Chinese Craftsman tool of the same size and that does the same thing...
I’ve had them tell me I needed to have a receipt. I’ve had them claim that this or that tool was never a lifetime warranty because it had moving parts. I’ve had them tell me they never replace that particular tool, they only provided repair kits, and that they no. longer have the repair kits...
None of that crap used to happen in the old days. It was no questions asked relacement with the nearest comparable tool. That’s why so many people usd to buy only Craftsman tools. And some people wonder why Sears is on their last leg. I now hear that Home Depot or Lowe’s will be soon carrying Craftsman tools. That will likely make using the warranty even worse.

Replacing the seals on the hydraulic ram are usually pretty easy. This is a great deal for someone.

I still think it's the rings, because it was a common issues. As for the Craftsman Lifetime Warranty, I only wish they would honor it for this. Lol. I believe they only honor warranties on hand tools: wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, etc... You know, the stuff that shouldn't normally break over general use anyway. I have had a few hand tools replaced free of charge, including a broken 1/2" ratchet that I found at a local Pull-A-Part. I was worried they would say no, but they did it. It probably didn't help Sears that people were replacing tools because they had some slight surface rust. :(

i had to add oil to a snapon jack and it made it work afterwords. maybe a slow leak is ok to top off with oil but when its bad replace the orings. ide love to have it but its a far drive.

there may even be an oring, or you could teflon tape the pressure release screw, it may have a small leak.

I never saw a leak anywhere, but I could have overlooked. I thought about adding some sort of stop leak fluid to it, but that was after I bought a new jack. Lol. If nobody here wants it, I will probably take it apart to see what I can do. I found a repair kit online for about $50, but if you could just figure out the size of the rings, it probably wouldn't cost more than a few bucks. Maybe take the old one, and swing by Ace Hardware. :)

you should bring it to a hydraulic/pnuematic place. they will snap a ring in it and fix it right up for a few bucks. bring a 20, and show up at around 3pm, the boss is gone by then and they love a fat tip to take home to fix something easy like that.

Back
Top Bottom