• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crappie on Lanier?

Boat! I actually have an entire thread (saga) about getting it and going through three mechanics after the first one screwed it up. Nightmare, but it's pretty much perfect now and it was worth it.

View attachment 2559432

Ok, I lived on the lake for awhile and this is my favorite spot for Crappie.
(Years later when I moved I'd just take the boat there...)

Launch at Tidwell at the end of Pilgrim Mill Road. Make a right to head down Bald Ridge. Look for the campground on your right and turn in before it. Follow it straight back till it kind of Y's and take the left fork. There's plenty of boat docks on the left. The 3rd or 4th from the back is a big gray dock, that was my spot. There's a little creek that comes in at the end, I always figured that had something to do with the good fishing. Though it gets shallow towards the back still fish it.

I pulled a 9 pound largemouth out of there. It's a good spot and always worth a try. Good Luck!
Oh! I'd definitely take 3 dozen or so crappie minnows with you. Hook them about 2 1/2 feet down from a small bobber and you're good to go.

Launch at Tidwell at the end of Pilgrim Mill Road. Make a right to head down Bald Ridge. Look for the campground on your right and turn in before it. Follow it straight back till it kind of Y's and take the left fork. There's plenty of boat docks on the left. The 3rd or 4th from the back is a big gray dock, that was my spot. There's a little creek that comes in at the end, I always figured that had something to do with the good fishing. Though it gets shallow towards the back still fish it.

I pulled a 9 pound largemouth out of there. It's a good spot and always worth a try. Good Luck!
Oh! I'd definitely take 3 dozen or so crappie minnows with you. Hook them about 2 1/2 feet down from a small bobber and you're good to go.
:shocked: WOW! That's what I call usable information. Thanks!!!

:shocked: WOW! That's what I call usable information. Thanks!!!

One last thing, regarding six mile...

For years they were sinking the Christmas trees for cover there.
But they're sunk on the other side from the ramps, the cove side of the bridge, around the corner on the west side.
I don't know if they're still doing that. but it made for great Crappie cover and good fishing for many years.
I use to just fish the outskirts of it with minnows on a bobber, you get pulled in you're hung up for sure .....

biker_bill you just gave perfect directions to my dock now the whole world knows about my honey hole !!

One last thing, regarding six mile...

For years they were sinking the Christmas trees for cover there.
But they're sunk on the other side from the ramps, the cove side of the bridge, around the corner on the west side.
I don't know if they're still doing that. but it made for great Crappie cover and good fishing for many years.
I use to just fish the outskirts of it with minnows on a bobber, you get pulled in you're hung up for sure .....
If they were sinking them at the bottom of the drop off, about 50 feet deep, that's the big area of brush piles I found a couple of days ago and caught the fish in the pic in post 21 from yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom