• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

crayon as inprov candle

I can tell you from experience that not all crayons are created equally and there are some that won't work.

Great post brother, if someone's power went out this would be good to know

I can tell you from experience that not all crayons are created equally and there are some that won't work.

Great post brother, if someone's power went out this would be good to know
heres another one with house hold products veggie oil paper towel and a paper clip[Broken External Image]:

I read where crayons are paraffin wax... since my boys always get crayons with their kids menu, we've started keeping them. I melt them down and add them to my wax jar for other projects. This is another great use of them too!

I read where crayons are paraffin wax... since my boys always get crayons with their kids menu, we've started keeping them. I melt them down and add them to my wax jar for other projects. This is another great use of them too!

Good to hear I am not the only one who keeps a "wax jar".......my wife likes to light candles all the time and they never burn all the way down, so I take the little bit that's left over.....melt it down and pour it into old metal candle tins.......from time to time I melt the wax down and make new candles......all you need is used toilet paper tubes and some wicks (get the wicks at Hobby Lobby or other craft stores).....put duct tape on bottom to seal one end of the TP roll (I always cut the TP rolls in half to make a shorter candle)......wick sticks to duct tape to help center it.......when it's time to burn one I just remove the TP roll......usually peels of easily. May need to start adding some crayons to my wax stash.......

If your out of Fritos, taco shells work great too! Damn near set my house on fire when I put them in the toaster oven! Never do that! I had flames tickling my cabinets. Ended up deploying the ole fire extinguisher. My wife laughed her butt off!

This is great for 2 reasons (at least for me). It's great that they are able to do this, seeing as they are obviously inexpensive and very common, but it also makes me realize to think of ordinary items in a different way, that even a crayon of all things can be used as a survival tool. Great post!

Back
Top Bottom