• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crazy E-forms Glitch

BigMike

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
I went to my dealer and did sans-silencershop E-form 4 and somehow the system forgot to generate the CLEO copy. Usually their copy is at the end of the ATF copy of the form 4, attached to the eforms submitted email, but not this time. They checked all their email folders and I did as well and nothing was there. I spoke with a nice but unfriendly lady at the ATF this morning and she said there were supposed to be two emails, the second containing the CLEO copy, but if, for whatever reason it didn't come or couldnt be found, just print off an old school form 4 and hand write the cleo copy and mail it in. Very strange and some real BS to not provide what they require as part of the process. The lady didnt seem very knowledgeable about....well anything. All she asked was my name, nothing else. I'm betting she was chatting with someone else and just a phone catcher.

My cover letter didn't come for about 4 or 5 hours after I submitted my Form 1, normally it's instantaneous. I went to bed and got the email the next morning when I woke up. I submitted sometime before 7 and the cover letter came sometime after 11.

Back
Top Bottom