• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Credit Card Scam

I travel a lot on business. This happens to me about twice a year. It’s no problem I’ll f you use a reputable credit card company. If you use a debit card you could be screwed. Be sure you read the fine print and understand the differences.

I bought gas in Snellville at the pump with my card.

2 and a half hours later my card was allegedly swiped at Arizona Black Gun for $2100 emptying my account. Bank of America initially refused to refund my money saying it it was a legit sale because my card had been swiped. .

A month later I received my refund and closed my BoA account

I have one account that gotten the card replace a few times. Funny since the card that I use for business trips has never been affected.

Once was by someone who obviously took a pic of it as, they bought stuff from a local dollar general.

I watch drive thru cashiers like a hawk now.

I never use my bank card for such reasons.

YEP, there are some online sites that sell credit card, bank accounts, debit cards,numbers.

Have had to spend a lot of time getting this type of mess straightened out, charges made in the following states, NY, TENN, N.C., OH, PA., so far it has been a very big PAIN, our quick conveniences of the electronic transfers are more of a pain than it is great way of doing business... just a simple suggestion to strongly consider before using a debit card...

I have had three credit cards compromised in the last two years.
We use our card for everything and pay it off the end of the month.
Don't write checks or use cash very often.

First time was my wife's card which had never been used. Prisoners in a jail in California tried to use it to make calls from jail with, then a laptop attempted to be charged from Dell. Was flagged by the bank.
I figure her purse was scanned somewhere, only way to get a number that had not been used.

Never been responsible for any of the fraud, however just a PIA, some things I have automatic charges every month.

Biggest benefit are the rewards. Rewards will pay for Christmas this year.
Love points.

Care to share where you bought ammo/card was compromised?
Classic in NC. I don't buy from them with CC. Not anymore.

I don't know that my card was compromised where I bought ammo, just seemed like a strange coincidence since Bushwick thought his was compromised buying ammo... I have purchased from PSA and Classic Firearms in the last couple of weeks.
NC Classic, yes?

It's frustrating when I'm in Brazil on business and I get an email from Citibank (it's always Citibank) that some jackass methhead is buying $200 worth of fuel in Dahlonega Ga. It's a huge pain in the ass when I have a $7,500 hotel bill and I want the points but have use another card to pay.

Back
Top Bottom