• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Credit Card Scam

This evening I got a text from my Capitol One VISA account management. They asked if I had purchased anything from Enjaz Info. Tech in the amount of over $1300.00, I let them know I had not, they then let me know that another "authorization" was requested from Boyab-TYV. I let them know that the card was in my wallet and has not been used. They have blocked the account and issued a new card.
Has this happened to anyone else in the recent past? You may want to keep and eye out for these jokers. I checked all my other cards and had no issues.
Also, has anyone ever heard of these companies? One I could find on google, the other not.

yes, just about 2 months ago. Best Buy, Microsoft software and I forget the other. They yexyed wife also. I was concerned about them texting so she called and they confirmed.

I had my credit card info stolen 3 times in 2 years. The last time the only time I used it was at Amazon. Closed the Amazon account, and have had NO problems since.

We have had our Chase CC compromised twice in the past two years. Each time Chase sent me a text verifying the charge and once I declined I got a call and the card was cancelled and reissued. I dont know how they catch the fraudulent charges. I find it very impressive.

I think they use algorithms to identify extreme variations in purchase patterns and amounts. The first time I experienced this was when I got a call from Citibank in 1999. They were asking me if I had purchased $1,500 worth of shoes from a Cole Haan store in San Francisco.

I think they use algorithms to identify extreme variations in purchase patterns and amounts. The first time I experienced this was when I got a call from Citibank in 1999. They were asking me if I had purchased $1,500 worth of shoes from a Cole Haan store in San Francisco.

At $150 a pop you bought 10 pairs of shoes for the migrant caravan...

I always liked the black pinched buckle loafer...

Back
Top Bottom