• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Credit Card Scam

I did get a charge on my credit card back in the day from the Gold Club here in Atlanta... It was on my Personal Amex and it was substantial

The wife happen to open my statement and saw the charge. they used another name vs. Gold Club.

I told her it was a hacked charge.. It was kinda was, I really don’t remember all of it, but my friends remembered it..

Yea I ate that one...

What really got me was I saw the fraudulent charge pending 3 hours after it was made. So thinking I was taking care of things, I called and told them it wasn't my charge and don't approve it. They said I couldn't do that. They said wait 3 or 4 days until it posts to my actual bill then I can dispute it... This makes no sense to me. They said I could call another number and have my card replaced if I wanted to, or just wait and see what happened... It seemed to be no big deal at all to those at the fraud department..

My best was 1st class tickets from Moscow to London on American Airlines. African sounding last names, they bought several hundred dollars worth of booze on the flight also.
My card was stolen from a local bakery outlet. First time I used it there after my wife had died and it was stolen. Her number was stolen regularly, but we could not prove it was them. Now I know.
BOA refunded and sent new card.
PS always pull on the gas pump card reader to make sure that a skimmer is not installed.

I got a notice that new cards were being sent about a month ago, got them the same day that someone bought two cell phones on the same card. I was trying to use it at Wal-Mart with no luck, wife called asking me if I was at Cricket wireless. I got shut down, they got two new phones. Apparently the cards got sent out twice.
I should note that it seems to happen about ever 12 to 18 months for me. Thats the first time they actually got merchandise without getting shut down.

I froze my credit and it all stopped .
My credit has been frozen for 15 years. Still happens. That just stops someone from opening an account. But somehow they use a random card # generator or something to charge your existing card. Had two charges last year. One in ohio and the other in NJ. Visa covered them both after I told them I had never been to either state.

Edit: I see I just repeated what someone else already said. Oh well..

Back
Top Bottom