• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crime up in states where pot is legal

Why not….you can grow two plants as easy and cheap as one…..send one to legal , one to the illegal states and viola- Money from every where !! :becky: lol.
The growers have to be licensed. It's very, very, VERY lucrative. (Heck look at the shenanigans already right here in Georgia with the commission just to get a piece of the action.) I promise you, they aren't going to jeopardize what amounts to a legal oligopoly and pokey time for some cross state business. Besides, that's not what the OP was about. It's about the cartels increasing their activity where legalized, not decreasing (as 'promised').

The growers have to be licensed. It's very, very, VERY lucrative. (Heck look at the shenanigans already right here in Georgia with the commission just to get a piece of the action.) I promise you, they aren't going to jeopardize what amounts to a legal oligopoly and pokey time for some cross state business. Besides, that's not what the OP was about. It's about the cartels increasing their activity where legalized, not decreasing (as 'promised').
You have not had much smuggling experience i bet (Neither have i….i just have inside info :rolleyes: )

It's high time we get medieval with these cartels. Deal with it get it over with it won't return or they'll think twice the next time they run up here and start planting farms in our national forest areas. It's in atrocity for sure but I don't know how in the hell they're going to keep that under control. It's about time they send special forces down there and get that stuff under control. And when I mean under control I mean snuff out the weeds that are growing the weed illegally of course. Sometimes you got to be a monster to deal with a monster.

Damn that devil's lettuce
devils-lettuce-weed.gif

That's legally produced product, being smuggled in and resold trying to escape the $4.35 per pack excise tax on cigs in NYC.
But yes, still a 'black market'. Pretty sure it's free of human trafficking though.
A lot of that is Mafia controlled theft of trucks carrying loads of tobacco products. They heist the rig, off load the product and sell it a cut rate, tax free to local stores, bars, vending machine owners and the lot. They don't have to pay the sales tax on product they aren't supposed to have on the first place. Pure profit for both sides.

Back
Top Bottom