• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crime up in states where pot is legal

Had an aggressive bum demand a cigarette from me outside my office in Chicago on Clinton. I said no and he started cussing me and puffed up, moving towards me. I stripped off my belt and beat him down the street all the way to Presidential Towers.

The security guards inside the office were laughing their asses off about the whole thing. They treated me a little more deferentially after that day.
Wait--- you got to spank a grown man in public and didn't serve any jail time?
SOB.gif

The ‘feel good stuff‘ is always going to have a black market - no matter how legal they make it.
Any thing that a person uses for recreation, will be taxed heavily by the govt.
BTW our govt is the original cartel in the US. No mistake about it.
If things are taxed, there are some who will make a biz from cutting the govt out of it.
This is one of the reasons they are wanting to start collecting your Ssn on FB, ebay, etc.,
The govt will tax every penny you report, multiple times before you spend it.
There will always be black market. Black market will increase crime. Always.

This headline just popped up:

California pot companies warn of impending industry collapse​

"Leading California cannabis companies warned Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday that the state’s legal industry was on the verge of collapse and needed immediate tax cuts and a rapid expansion of retail outlets to steady the shaky marketplace.

The letter signed by more than two dozen executives, industry officials and legalization advocates followed years of complaints that the heavily taxed and regulated industry was unable to compete with the widespread illegal economy, where consumer prices are far lower and sales are double or triple the legal business."

I think several folks said this above.

Guess where the pot dealers in Georgia get their weed.... Comes through Fedex, UPS, USPS from those states. Ironic the legal states are liberal as hell. Maybe that's why crime is high? Until the root causes are analyzed the BS flows.

Nope. It is when the dumbasses think they can take something popular and illegal…..make it illegal in half the place and legal in the other half then naturally the part that its illegal is going to make many many times what the legal growers/sellers make….by simply sending their product across STATE lines vs. FED boarders . Much easier to get across the state lines !! :heh:
Which way do you think the cartels are gonna go with ?? For decades they have made billions so now they will all of a sudden follow the law or give the govt a cut ?? Bwhahahaha !!
Ya they been doing it with women for a long time and made lots of money.

I also heard that the cartels are hitting the smoke shops and when they transport their money to the bank those guys are getting hit too so you know where there's money there's crime that's for sure.

The ‘feel good stuff‘ is always going to have a black market - no matter how legal they make it.
Any thing that a person uses for recreation, will be taxed heavily by the govt.
BTW our govt is the original cartel in the US. No mistake about it.
If things are taxed, there are some who will make a biz from cutting the govt out of it.
This is one of the reasons they are wanting to start collecting your Ssn on FB, ebay, etc.,
The govt will tax every penny you report, multiple times before you spend it.
There will always be black market. Black market will increase crime. Always.
You're absolutely 100% correct!

And yet no one on here has a problem with AR-15 complete upper and lower kits or 80% lone wolf kits being "home grown" and sold on ODT as a complete weapon . All nice and legal like baby.
I do now that I saw your post. All firearms should be serialized. It's gotta get sensible as long as the law abiding citizen isn't affected in anyway at all and AR15's are left alone at that point.

Back
Top Bottom