crimson trace

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatBoyOnFire

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
67   1
Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, so please refrain from busting my b@lls. On the crimson trace laser grips, there is a switch to turn the laser on, then the button to actually use the laser. My question is: if you leave the switch in the on position while the gun in not in use, will it drain the batteries? Thanks.

On my M&P9 it has another button to deactivate it, manual states if you are not going to be using it for an extended period of time I think

either way, I don't switch it off, unless I am at the range and specifically want it off

I figure it will be worth the next $4 I spend on batteries whenever it runs out....

I was asking because my wife's home defense weapon is a Kimber with these grips. I figured if she ever needed to make a quick move for it, in the middle of the night, the laser would be real handy. If you had to find that switch in a critical situation before you could use the laser, the small amount of wasted time might make a big difference. I was just worried about that scenario coming up and the dang batteries being dead..Wouldn't really be too helpful at that point. I guess she should probably check to make sure the batteries are good on a regular basis anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom