• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crossbow Hunting

Awesome! Let us know how she shoots.
If you've never hunted with a crossbow, it is a good idea to keep one cheap throw away arrow handy in the scabbard with a field point on it so you can fire it into the ground to uncock it. Something I learned the hard way. LOL

I have been hunting with a carbon express for a few years. I have some walmart bolts ready for the ground.

Reactions: MRH
Awesome! Let us know how she shoots.
If you've never hunted with a crossbow, it is a good idea to keep one cheap throw away arrow handy in the scabbard with a field point on it so you can fire it into the ground to uncock it. Something I learned the hard way. LOL
I keep an extra bolt with a field tip in my truck, along with a Walmart target that is easy to pull a bolt out of. When I get back to my truck I fire the bolt into the target. Not only is it easy to recover the bolt, I can tell if the crossbow is still sighted in.

I keep an extra bolt with a field tip in my truck, along with a Walmart target that is easy to pull a bolt out of. When I get back to my truck I fire the bolt into the target. Not only is it easy to recover the bolt, I can tell if the crossbow is still sighted in.
With my rope cocker I put it on my string and pull it back to keep it tight and squeeze the trigger and let it down easy. I have never carried an extra arrow since I learned this little trick.

0714181116.jpg

After 2 scope adjustments, this was my first 3 shot group at 30 yards. I can probably tighten that up a bit with some more practice.

Back
Top Bottom