• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cryptic Coatings BCG

AndroGuns

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
92   2
Reaction score
Do any of you own a Cryptic Coatings BCG? I have been looking into them for a few months now and finally broke down and ordered one last night (Mystic Bronze). There is not a ton of info out there on them but there is enough for me to buy one. All the reviews were good too. They are a little costly at over $200. Really they are $250. Anyway the look of the coatings are beautiful and flawless and the stats on them make this coating far superior to almost anything else out. If all goes well I plan on ordering the Mystic Black next for my DD. I justwanted to see if any of yall had any experience with these.. One more thing, there customer service is OUTSTANDING!! Very friendly, responsive and seem to truly care about making sure you get what you want.. I spoke to Karen with their CS twice today as I made a few changes to my order. Karen is phenomenal, she ended up saving me $40 and is throwing in one of their logo patches. And lifetime warranties. I cant wait for it to get here. Should arive Thursday or friday this week and will post a follow up.

image.jpg

Do any of you own a Cryptic Coatings BCG? I have been looking into them for a few months now and finally broke down and ordered one last night (Mystic Bronze). There is not a ton of info out there on them but there is enough for me to buy one. All the reviews were good too. They are a little costly at over $200. Really they are $250. Anyway the look of the coatings are beautiful and flawless and the stats on them make this coating far superior to almost anything else out. If all goes well I plan on ordering the Mystic Black next for my DD. I justwanted to see if any of yall had any experience with these.. One more thing, there customer service is OUTSTANDING!! Very friendly, responsive and seem to truly care about making sure you get what you want.. I spoke to Karen with their CS twice today as I made a few changes to my order. Karen is phenomenal, she ended up saving me $40 and is throwing in one of their logo patches. And lifetime warranties. I cant wait for it to get here. Should arive Thursday or friday this week and will post a follow up.
In for review!

Why What, JamesG? Why am I asking or why spend the money? Well if its why spend the money I can answer that. Here it goes and this is merely my opinion. One reason is that I like the Unique look it gives to the rifle (Small Reason, But a Reason). 2nd, this coating has a MUCH GREATER Lubricity rate and hardness so it will cycle faster and creat less heat and ware due to less friction. And one of the biggest reasons for me at least is that I am OCD and I spend Over a hour cleaning just my BCG everytime I go shoot, even if its just 1 mag. And I never get the feeling that it looks good and new when done. I only stop cleaning it becuase I get fustrated spending alot of time on it and it never gets "clean" to my standards atleast. But the cryptic coating is supposed to just wipe right off with ease and look new and thats huge to me.

Why What, JamesG? Why am I asking or why spend the money? Well if its why spend the money I can answer that. Here it goes and this is merely my opinion. One reason is that I like the Unique look it gives to the rifle (Small Reason, But a Reason). 2nd, this coating has a MUCH GREATER Lubricity rate and hardness so it will cycle faster and creat less heat and ware due to less friction. And one of the biggest reasons for me at least is that I am OCD and I spend Over a hour cleaning just my BCG everytime I go shoot, even if its just 1 mag. And I never get the feeling that it looks good and new when done. I only stop cleaning it becuase I get fustrated spending alot of time on it and it never gets "clean" to my standards atleast. But the cryptic coating is supposed to just wipe right off with ease and look new and thats huge to me.

Just currious. Your money, your choice.

Those are good stuff.

I went with the VooDoo Innovations Integral BCG with their LifeCoat finish. It's a standard mass carrier and the LifeCoat comes in any color you want, as long as you want black.

Main reason I bought it was because of the integral gas key. Instead of being bolted to the BCG, the gas key is machined as an integral part. One less thing to go wrong. The LifeCoat was just a bonus.

With any of these BCG's with the fancy shmancy coatings, whether VDI LifeCoat or Cryptic Coatings, the BCG will clean much easier, but not everything is gonna just wipe off. If you shoot it a lot, you're still going to get crusties on the tail of the bolt and inside the BCG. The crusties will be less than with a "standard" finish, and they scrape off easier, but they won't wipe off with a moist towelette. I will usually soak my BCG for a day or so, then everything except a few small, stubborn spots wipes right off.

Back
Top Bottom