• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cryptic Coatings - BCGs

5   0
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a Cryptic Coatings Mystic black or Mystic silver bcg.
Anyone have any experience with or own one?
1) Want to know if worth it? (not worrying about $$)
2) Is there any difference (besides color) between the Mystic black and Mystic silver? Is the extra $25 for black over silver worth it?

https://www.crypticcoatings.com/bolt-carrier-group-coatings/

This link will tell you the differences. I bought a blem mystic black one years ago. I still have it and shoot the rifle suppressed 99% of the time. It is the easiest cleaning bcg i have ever owned. Around the gas rings i use a brush everywhere else it just wipes right off. 500 suppressed rounds was the most i put through it at one time. No problems, still easy to clean. I have tried various NP3 and NiB they are not even close to this one. Few thousand rounds on it now and minus one scratch it got from a broken nail on a shooting table it looks brand new. They start with a toolcraft bcg which is good quality IMO. You can research toolcraft, they are mpi tested and the whole 9 yards.

https://www.crypticcoatings.com/bolt-carrier-group-coatings/

This link will tell you the differences. I bought a blem mystic black one years ago. I still have it and shoot the rifle suppressed 99% of the time. It is the easiest cleaning bcg i have ever owned. Around the gas rings i use a brush everywhere else it just wipes right off. 500 suppressed rounds was the most i put through it at one time. No problems, still easy to clean. I have tried various NP3 and NiB they are not even close to this one. Few thousand rounds on it now and minus one scratch it got from a broken nail on a shooting table it looks brand new. They start with a toolcraft bcg which is good quality IMO. You can research toolcraft, they are mpi tested and the whole 9 yards.

I only looked at their sight on mobile and didn't see the comparison. Thanks for pointing that out.
In your opinion, do you think the extra $25 is worth it?

Back
Top Bottom