• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crysler minivan Electrical issues

Every Chrysler van that my family members have owned have been plagued with electrical and transmission/engine issues

With the electrical issues,it was usually some kind of computer controller causing problems

Wife just texted me and said that CEL is on. I am hoping that there is a code stored.
We had talked about buying a Tundra in the fall. Might be a Sienna this spring, if I cannot figure it out.
Bummer, I wanted a truck.

My son had a Town and Country, and it was problematic, would run fine for a month or 2, then get gremlins. He replaced a computer in it, but that only fixed it for a while. It seemed to me that it had so many bells and whistles that it was bound to fail....just too much unnecessary crap....more stuff that can stop working.

when electrical starts to fail, nobody knows how to fix. trade it in asap.

There are some shops that can fix these issues. Thing is, none of the work is covered under warranty, and specialty auto electric shops charge time and material at $150+ per hour.

12 hours is real easy to burn through and still not any closer to solving the problem.

Most people just trade on a new car.

TSB #08-042-14
Your fold and stow could be causing your computer to stay awake.

Or more correctly the fold and stow module stays awake.

Thank you. My stow and go is manual.
It got dark before I had a chance to pull a code. I have another car I can drive. Will leave Chrysler alone till Saturday.

Reactions: MRM
Back
Top Bottom