• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crysler minivan Electrical issues

So I played with the van this Saturday. Test light was on and went out when I pulled the breaker J13, Main IOD.. Light chnged in intensity, so I think it is my alarm.
But... Battery was at 76% charged, as measured by my charger. That's after a trim to Calloway Gardens last week. It should have been 95. Charged it up, measured the alternator output: 14.67Volt. Took it around the block, battery was at 81% after the drive. I am thi king that my alternator is not charging it under load. Plus I realized taht serpentine belt is original, with 98k miles on it. I bet it is stretched.
Replace just the belt, or both belt and alternator? I had alternator checked last month, and Advanced test came out OK on starter and alternator.
Thoughts?

Hate to say it but it may be time for battery #4. What brand battery do you have now? If Alt is putting out 14v then its fine. Id leave the alarm fuse out and get your battery load tested after it has been fully charged. If the needle drops like a rock then its toast.

What is IOD btw?

Battery is only a month old.
I charged it up until charger turned off. Went to Autozone, battery was at 81%, alternator seemed to be working, putting out 14v
All I can think of is my serpentine belt stretched, and it is slipping while I am driving.

Do not know what IOD is. Just a description on the box. Did not have time to google it.
Oil leaked in the back (cracked bottle) soaked into one of the seats. Had to unbolt it, stripping it down in the garage to wash it all off. One of those days .

Attachments

• IMG_20190112_140520.jpg
    IMG_20190112_140520.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 11
Battery is only a month old.
I charged it up until charger turned off. Went to Autozone, battery was at 81%, alternator seemed to be working, putting out 14v
All I can think of is my serpentine belt stretched, and it is slipping while I am driving.
If your belt is slipping that much, you would hear a good squeal and it would more than likely come off. Not a bad idea to go ahead with the belt but Im thinking you have a bad cell in your battery.

Back
Top Bottom