• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

curious about reloaders

tlw1179

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
168   0
Reaction score
do you guys that reload just do it for yourself , or fun , just to pass time by . Do you sell it ? If you sale it is it really any cheaper I don't think i would have the patience for it but don't know anyone who does it so i have no clue about it . If you just sat down and started whipping em' out how much could you get done in a few hours JUST CURIOUS

i don't reload now. but i did it to save money. especially on high cost stuff. started with 45-70. then did all rifle stuff. did some pistol but not much. never sold them. for one its illegal, two didn't want the liability. never know the quality of firearm someone has. reloads were for me only. ymmv

if your doing reloading , why not sell it don't tell anyone is there that much liability in it . if it was a friend and he did good work and you trusted him would that not be a good idea i also looked at supplies online just to see the cost of it and i dont see how it is cheaper , and if you cant sell it then WTH

Do you want to be responsible for a double charged round blowing up in someones kids face and blinding them?

i1213.photobucket.com_albums_cc476_wesco1985_009.jpg

I reload because I shoot a lot and I find it saves me money.....I also reload because I enjoy it and it passes the time when my wife is working and I'm home. Better than sitting in the bar room.....

im getting into reloading as a hobby. its going to save me money in the end because over half of my equipment and supplies were given to me. its a real money saver as stated for hard to find or expensive calibers if you do anything else, its really a hobby. im doing it so i can customize some 9mm and 45 acp carry ammo. also because my dad has hard to find calibers and it can help him out.

Had a co-worker give me a box of .38 spl HP reloads many years ago. He was one of those guys you felt you could trust. The cases were mixed brass and nickel plated. He said he loaded them "a little hot to use for PD". Went to the range and shot a cylinder full. Tried to eject the cases and one was stuck. Got it out, and it was split down the side. Checked the rest out, and found 3 more split at the neck (all of them were nickel plated). Found several brass rds. with the bullets seated crooked. I've never used anyone else's reloads since.

Back
Top Bottom