• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Curious about the Negative points and reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two sides to every story, and the third side is the Mods side. I have left a few negs and had a couple taken away because
1. Time and place were NOT set (2)
2. Retaliation feedback taken away. Because time and place was set and I was stood up twice.

But their was an auction run in an open ad for a AK this wkend.. new guy got a pass
I saw that auction. It was blatant. Someone offered to pay asking price, and OP plainly said he was looking for more money.
I have 4 deals set up for this weekend. Only 1 was done on ODT, 3 others were done on a different website.

Says the guy who got a neg for not adhering to the rules.
The guy that left was given 24hr notice and an apology. I drive 110 miles a day as an Active Duty member and am currently taking care of a sick mother. These "rules" you speak of are ridiculous especially with extenuating circumstances. Hopefully you comprehend that word. I can Barney style it for you if need be.

The guy that left was given 24hr notice and an apology. I drive 110 miles a day as an Active Duty member and am currently taking care of a sick mother. These "rules" you speak of are ridiculous especially with extenuating circumstances. Hopefully you comprehend that word. I can Barney style it for you if need be.

There are several problems with giving consideration to extenuating circumstances. The biggest one is that once you do that, now you are in the territory of having the staff have to make a judgement call on every individual circumstance, and then everyone will get to bitch and moan that favorites get played in said judgment calls. A very close second is that it would be impossible to verify every circumstance, and as hard as I'm sure this is to believe: people will simply make **** up.

The rules we have in place for what constitutes a deal and the associated feedback are very clear and don't leave the above mentioned room for interpretation. They've also worked just fine for right at 10 years now, so I wouldn't count on them changing anytime soon.

There are several problems with giving consideration to extenuating circumstances. The biggest one is that once you do that, now you are in the territory of having the staff have to make a judgement call on every individual circumstance, and then everyone will get to ***** and moan that favorites get played in said judgment calls. A very close second is that it would be impossible to verify every circumstance, and as hard as I'm sure this is to believe: people will simply make **** up.

The rules we have in place for what constitutes a deal and the associated feedback are very clear and don't leave the above mentioned room for interpretation. They've also worked just fine for right at 10 years now, so I wouldn't count on them changing anytime soon.
I don't care if they change or not. They're jaded. Giving someone the power of hearsay is dangerous and as you said people "make things up". Especially in their head...As hard as that is to believe. I had found a deal closer and informed the seller and he got in his feelings and left feedback. I know what I did and I explained to the seller and I disputed it with the "mods" and I get rules are rules BUT I didnt harm anyone and it was a reasonable action. Without making any "story" up. 10 years or not were not "allowed" to hurt peoples feelings and our freedom of speech is infringed yet you allow for hearsay and libel. Riddle me that.

What? You don’t mean there is other sites to trade things!.. things need to get better.. I’ve seen a lot people go bye bye around here
Ok. But feedback is not one reason for people to leave. If they do because rules are enfoced to which they agreed when they signed up, then start whining about it then good riddance.

I don't care if they change or not. They're jaded. Giving someone the power of hearsay is dangerous and as you said people "make things up"

Firsthand information isn't hearsay.

I had found a deal closer and informed the seller and he got in his feelings and left feedback. I know what I did and I explained to the seller

So we're clear, you made a deal, found a better one, and let the original seller know you were backing out of the first deal to take a different one.

and I disputed it with the "mods" and I get rules are rules

If you acknowlege the issue and understand the rule, what's to dispute.

yet you allow for hearsay and libel. Riddle me that.

Seeing as we've established above that it's firsthand and therefore not hearsay, and we've also established that you understand the rule and "know what I did" so it also isn't false and therefore not libel, I'm not seeing much else to riddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom