• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

custom 10/22s

Through a little research I think I answered my own question. You can convert a pistol into a rifle as long as the barrel is over 16" in length and the overall length is at least 26". And you can convert it back to pistol configuration. The Charger is considered a "pistol", so I think I can do the conversion if i want. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....... I am digging the idea of having a target style, custom 10-22 for under $300.00 and having the charger configuration, too. If I am wrong, please let me know.

I've seen one like this and to keep it over 26", the barrel needs to be over 17". IIRC

This isn't real custom but I think it looks pretty good and I haven't seen anyone else do one like this
i125.photobucket.com_albums_p79_jleepeters_2011_01_30_11_59_04_773.jpg

Kinda hard to do when I took the pic with the droid. Lol
I figured you would like that od stock since you've had an od obsession lately.

You right! I agree with the "camera" too. Pretty good camera for a "phone" too. 8 megapixels and quick upload right on to photobucket?????? Pssssssshhhh....all this "I can't figure out how to get pix on here" is crazy to me. Even w/ a crappy cell phone camera....take the picture and text it to your email. Save the image and voila....It's on your computer. Just aggravates me that some of these ppl have these "custom" guns but can't get a picture of it on here.

I absolutely love the simplicity of that rig! Dare I say perfect?!:hail: What stock is that?

Thank you. Specs are:

Shooters Ridge .920 barrel and thumbhole stock combo
Harris Ultralight Bipod
DIY trigger job
DIY auto bolt release
DIY hammer shims
DIY bolt polishing
Shooters Ridge extended mag release
Power Custom stainless recoil rod
Power Custom titanium extractor
Weaver Tactical mount
Weaver Grand Slam steel rings, high
Simmons AETEC 3.8-12x44 AO
Krylon Fusion camo tan (stock)

Viewed from the opposite side:

www.zjstech.net_gunstuff_ulti1022_ulti1022_2.jpg

Thank you. Specs are:

Shooters Ridge .920 barrel and thumbhole stock combo
Harris Ultralight Bipod
DIY trigger job
DIY auto bolt release
DIY hammer shims
DIY bolt polishing
Shooters Ridge extended mag release
Power Custom stainless recoil rod
Power Custom titanium extractor
Weaver Tactical mount
Weaver Grand Slam steel rings, high
Simmons AETEC 3.8-12x44 AO
Krylon Fusion camo tan (stock)

Viewed from the opposite side:

www.zjstech.net_gunstuff_ulti1022_ulti1022_2.jpg

Thanks for that info! Another question. Will those bull barrels fit right into the receiver without any gun-smithing? Same diameter "stub"? I know you need a stock to fit the barrel diameter itself.

Got another 10/22 started.
10/22 FS,
Tapco stock,
Primary Arms Micro Dot w/ kill flash,
Reactive single point sling,
KAC short rail cover,
KAC VFG,
Steel Lips mag,
cheap NC Star light.
I cut down the stock scope rail so that it is just long enough to mount the red dot. I am awaiting the tax stamp to return for my YHM Mite .22 Suppressor. The Tactical FS model comes with a factory threaded 16" barrel. Still need upgraded hammer, trigger, extractor, and recoil buffer.
i260.photobucket.com_albums_ii1_blackplague138_003_3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom