$250
Powder Springs GA

August 8-9: Residential Room Clearing & Response to Active Shooter Level 1
$400
Powder Springs GA

September 5: Combat Carbine Teamwork
$250
Powder Springs GA

September 12-13: Residential Room Clearing & Response to Active Shooter Level 2 (Force-On-Force)
$500
Powder Springs GA

October 10-11: Basic Precision Rifle Course
$600
Pelham TN

October 17: Combat Carbine
$250
Powder Springs GA

November 14: Combat Handgun & Lowlight Techniques
$250
Jefferson GA

November 21: Combat Carbine & Lowlight Techniques
$250
Jefferson GA

December 5: CCW Handgun Tactics & Techniques
$250
Powder Springs GA

December 19-20: Guerrilla Sniper
$600
Powder Springs GA

Semper Fi!

Looks like a great schedule of courses. Combat carbine looking appealing to me for sure.

You can still shoot it single action if you want to. Pulled the trigger slightly, catch the top of the hammer with your thumb, and ear ‘er back.

Your likelihood of having to make a precision single-action shot is less than your likelihood of having the hammer snag on clothes, in my opinion. YMMV. If John Wesley Hardin hadn’t snagged his hammer he wouldn’t have gone to prison! He beat the Texas Ranger to the draw, but snagged his hammer on his suspenders. The Ranger drew out and pistol-whipped JWH with his 7.5” Colt SAA.

I’m used to shooting DA and can make a precision shot as fast and accurately in DA as I can in SA. In the time it takes me to thumb a hammer for SA, I can pull the trigger far enough to stage the hammer all the way back in DA, which also has the bonus of me not losing my firing grip by moving my thumb. I know because I’ve tested myself on it when I ran a Revolver in USPSA. Wanted to see which made more sense speed- and accuracy-wise when hitting some of the faraway steel poppers. If I can drop Colt poppers at 25-50yds in DA, I don’t need SA.

It’s all in your personal capabilities and what you’ve trained yourself to do.

Agreed. I can get 2 rounds on target in DA vs one in the time it took to draw back the hammer and realign grip and sight picture.

ABAA76BA-3C21-41B8-88C2-5FDD1EBABA14.jpeg
Not a hijack, but here’s 10y DA grouping with handloads

Nive
Thanks to @parolebear for helping me check off a bucket list gun. Picked up a S&W model 58, no dash, from him in a trade today. She’s a little cosmetically challenged, but clean and tight mechanically.

She’ll be going to Dave Laubert of Defensive Creations for a bit of work. In general, I want her to be very similar to my 3” 13 that accompanies her in the pic below.

Cut and crown barrel to 3”

New front sight, dovetailed, with gold bead

Slab side barrel

Bob hammer

Remove serrations from trigger

Round butt

Chamfer front and rear edges of cylinder

Chamfer chambers

Action job

Matte black finish

Color case-harden hammer and trigger

View attachment 231