• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Custom S&W 58 by Defensive Creations

Put a strong chamfer to the front edge of the cylinder. Back edge is already rounded and I’ll leave it at that.

That’s all the work I’m gonna do myself, so now it’s off to Dave Laubert for the majority of the work.

AC1D8CC8-8FCC-480E-87E8-15432D6BD3E2.jpeg
57037AA6-1882-4B42-822D-B3724B9B815D.jpeg

I love my Model 58s...but I’d love ‘em even more if there were such thing as a .41 Special. I think some have made a hand-loaded version but I’m talking about commercially available. I think .41 Mag, like .357 Mag and .44 Mag would have enjoyed much greater popularity if there had been a .41 Special to go along with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Starline makes the brass, all you have to do is load your own. 41 Specials.

https://www.starlinebrass.com/41-special/

Thank you for making my 58 just a littler more valuable. Only 20K in production and in 41 Magnum.

It’s all in the eye of the beholder. I’m not a collector, and don’t care about value. To me, a gun is a tool. A 4” 58 would rarely get used by me. Get taken out of the safe a couple times a year for range time. A chopped 3” 58 will be carried and shot regularly.

The finish is trashed, dents here and there, surface rust abounded, grips are well worn and have a chip out of them, no box or papers. No collector’s value to this piece; perfect candidate for a custom project.

It’s all in the eye of the beholder. I’m not a collector, and don’t care about value. To me, a gun is a tool. A 4” 58 would rarely get used by me. Get taken out of the safe a couple times a year for range time. A chopped 3” 58 will be carried and shot regularly.

The finish is trashed, dents here and there, surface rust abounded, grips are well worn and have a chip out of them, no box or papers. No collector’s value to this piece; perfect candidate for a custom project.

yep I get it, I love mine, rarely shoot it, but as is it's way to heavy for my tastes as an EDC. I agree that in it's current condition it's a $475 to $575 gun all day long, and I trust you didn't pay that. I have a model 27 that I am thinking of sending off to Magna Port.
If I do I'll help make everyone else's 27 just a little more valuable and mine too at the same time, but then then actual value invested will always exceed actual market value.

Make sure you share some pics when you get her back. And after you carry it awhile I know a good chiropractor to help balance the hips when they get outta wack.

I'm just partial to old gun, old steel, old wood and 41 magnums. But there are always those sleepers that are so far gone they have to have a resurrection ....just because.

yep I get it, I love mine, rarely shoot it, but as is it's way to heavy for my tastes as an EDC. I agree that in it's current condition it's a $475 to $575 gun all day long, and I trust you didn't pay that. I have a model 27 that I am thinking of sending off to Magna Port.
If I do I'll help make everyone else's 27 just a little more valuable and mine too at the same time, but then then actual value invested will always exceed actual market value.

Make sure you share some pics when you get her back. And after you carry it awhile I know a good chiropractor to help balance the hips when they get outta wack.

I'm just partial to old gun, old steel, old wood and 41 magnums. But there are always those sleepers that are so far gone they have to have a resurrection ....just because.

Will do!

Hey CMShoot where is Defensive Creations located and does Dave have any experience with customizing Colt revolvers. I would love to have an old trooper.357mag reworked, I definitely understand the love affair with a combat revolver, having carried one so much as a Police officer in the 1980’s. Also in for pics on the model 58, don’t have very much knowledge on Smith revolvers, was always more of a Colt man, but I know it will turn out to be a classic, one of a kind weapon.

Hey CMShoot where is Defensive Creations located and does Dave have any experience with customizing Colt revolvers. I would love to have an old trooper.357mag reworked, I definitely understand the love affair with a combat revolver, having carried one so much as a Police officer in the 1980’s. Also in for pics on the model 58, don’t have very much knowledge on Smith revolvers, was always more of a Colt man, but I know it will turn out to be a classic, one of a kind weapon.

He is located in Defiance, OH. I thought I had seen him post Colt revolver pics, but I look at so many I can’t be sure.

Back
Top Bottom