• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Custom S&W 58 by Defensive Creations

I’m using 175grn Winchester Silvertips. It’s a light magnum made for defensive use. Out of a 3” barrel, should have just a tad more energy than a 125grn .357 Magnum, yet still be easily controllable.
That sounds perfect. I got interested in the 41 special round several years ago and keep trying to get someone local to go down THAT rabbit hole for me!

I bob the hammer on every carry revolver I’ve owned since 1995, unless it already has a concealed hammer like my 442. Even my competition 625 has a bobbed hammer.

Silvertips are an excellent load in 9mm and 45 as well.I would think some 210 grain hardcast semi-wadcutters at around 1050 fps would do well if over penetration was not a concern,or if barriers needed to be overcome.They could take down King Kong.This 58 you had built has alot of potential.Very nice.

Thanks to @parolebear for helping me check off a bucket list gun. Picked up a S&W model 58, no dash, from him in a trade today. She’s a little cosmetically challenged, but clean and tight mechanically.

She’ll be going to Dave Laubert of Defensive Creations for a bit of work. In general, I want her to be very similar to my 3” 13 that accompanies her in the pic below.

Cut and crown barrel to 3”

New front sight, dovetailed, with gold bead

Slab side barrel

Bob hammer

Remove serrations from trigger

Round butt

Chamfer front and rear edges of cylinder

Chamfer chambers

Action job

Matte black finish

Color case-harden hammer and trigger

View attachment 2315754

Hey bud are you doing any classes or has Corona stifled your schedule some? If so, when is your next rifle class?

I understand. The precision marksman in me wo t allow myself to not have it, though. What if need to make a shot at distance with precision? Likely to happen? Doubtful. But I want it. Cool pistol...always good to get a bucket list ticked. :thumb:

Only AMATEURS Thumb-cock...

...:)

Back
Top Bottom