• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cut My Tumbling Time in Half

L@@K at THUMBLERS THUMBLER # B, has a bigger motor lasts a long time last Lyman we had only lasted 45 days because the motor was way to small on the unit...

just a simple suggestion to consider...
Does the Thumbler B come with pins?
Where is the best place to purchase the pins? $35 for 5 lbs best Ive seen so far.

Where is the best place to purchase the pins? $35 for 5 lbs best Ive seen so far.

When I bought my Thumlers model B 4 years ago, it was part of a set that included pins. Those were smaller pins that had a .041" diameter. Somtimes during tumbling, these smaaller pins got stuck side by side in flash holes in about 5% of the cases.
I ditched those smaller pins and bought larger pins with a .047" diameter. Result - no more stuck pins in flash holes. Here's the link to the vendor of the larger pins:

http://www.bullseye-reloading.com

No not in the one tumbler we bought it did not come with pins, however, From BAYOU, has new information that they are now available with the TUMBLER B does, and has given you one of the best producers of the pins, plus you can use a big magnetic to get them out of the cases and get the tumbler ready to re-start the process again.

good luck in your cleaning process, it helps to protect the brass, and also your guns you shoot...

I use a cement mixer for a tumbler, lol. I use carwash detergent, water and lemon juice. I tumble/wash them for 2 hours. They will come out nice and shinny. It removes the dirt and tarnish inside and out.

Of course you don't need a a cement mixer for small batches but an overnight bath in warm water, soap of your choice and lemon juice in a sealed jar will yield the same results.

HMMM, a cement mixer, well we may have to see about one of those, sometimes we get so far behind in cleaning brass that could just help us
get caught up to put ourselves working again to catch up on our unfinished work.

TIP OF THE HAT FOR ANOTHER ROAD OF ADVENTURE TO LOOK INTO...

THANKS, to JACKIE GRAHAM...

I use it to wash all my brass. 9mm = 5K per wash, 40 = 3800 per wash, 45 = 3500 per wash and .223 = 2500 per wash. I use 10lbs of pins when I wash pistol brass but I don't use the pins when washing rifle brass. Run 1 hour with soap, water and lemon juice, run a second hour with water and lemon juice then rinse 15 minutes with water only. Results are a bunch of very clean brass.

Those look really good. I pre tumble clean with lemon juice, Dawn and very hot water. The Dawn and hot water cut bullet lube and fouling and the lemon juice gets the brass shiny. Sometimes they don't even make it to the tumbler they come out so clean.

Back
Top Bottom