• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cutting my hunting land

BDR1

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
182   0
Reaction score
Got a question for you veteran hunters and folks who know more about it than me...
They're at this time clear cutting my hunting property....will this hurt my deer hunting this year?

didn't hurt my hunting when they cut mine.....killed several of the biggest deer ever killed on my property when it was cut. as soon as the crew left out, the deer came in to inspect

Hell yeah it will hurt it.

Hope you have some creeks with some cover.
Got a creek in the bottoms...the owner says he's still seeing deer tracks where they've cut some already...and maybe a bear track...he says they going to leave my big white oak tree down in creek bottoms....

Deer like cover and water. After the first frost a lot of cover dies but it still leaves the brush they can bed down in. If you leave them places to go and hide, especially when the pressure of hunting season starts, you’ll have better luck.

the deer will still follow the same paths, only difference is now you can see them without the trees in the way and you'll realize how close they've always been

Deer turned the area where the trees where on the hunting property into bedding area when the weeds took over, the deer will change their patterns but might stay around

Back
Top Bottom