• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cutting my hunting land

With them logging now, the under growth, and any seeds still have time to germinate and the Deer will love the young tender new growth also...

Throw out some 19-19-19, and watch the new growth jump quick...

Our property has really benefited from the log cutting...

So far we seen some that we were unaware of there presence, and they are nize ones too...

Pulled up to my lease this morning, this is what I saw. Logging in progress
CD6F6163-E84A-4776-8061-D5050DE5CB08.jpeg

Depends on a lot but in general, no, it does not hurt. The turkey will be happy this spring.
I hope you're right. We have two adjacent parcels, one parcel was clear cut prior to last season and we basically had to hunt the creeks (which actually were productive). We had many more bucks on the other parcel than normal. Now, we just found out this parcel will be thinned, likely very soon.

Kinda breaks your heart don't it....
I’m actually ok with it. It will allow some new growth to come up and the deer will have plenty to browse on. When they clearcut the North side of the same lease the deer were all over the place as soon as the equipment stopped running. I’m very much relieved that it won’t be going on during deer season!

I’m actually ok with it. It will allow some new growth to come up and the deer will have plenty to browse on. When they clearcut the North side of the same lease the deer were all over the place as soon as the equipment stopped running. I’m very much relieved that it won’t be going on during deer season!
That's what I'm hoping for...that they'll be done at my place that is

Back
Top Bottom