• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cz 455 precision trainer vs 455 tacticool

Apollo

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have the tacticool version? Just wondering the diameter of the barrel vs the trainer's .866 barrel. The tacticool looks like a heavy contour but website says it's a varmit. Is it worth the extra money?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Manners stock on the trainer and Boyd’s stock on the tacticool. Tacticool comes with a threaded barrel and the trainer doesn’t which is kinda dumb.

These were the two rifles I had narrowed it down to after researching the web asking the same question.

The Precision Trainer has a length of barrel selection and a composite stock. The Varmint Tacticool only had the 16.5" barrel only.

I just checked and it appears they do now offer the Precision Trainer threaded. When I was looking hard they didn't and for that reason alone I was about to drop the hammer on the the Tacticool CZ 455. Both are heavy .22 LR rifles >7lbs, not really an issue with me but some it is. Both should offer the same accuracy, which is reportedly excellent throughout the web and both come with a nearly flush fit 5 shot box magazine.

If your looking at 16.5" barrel the >$100 difference comes down to non-adjustable stock choice currently and that's a personal choice.

And then something amazing occurred.

Ruger downsized their precision rifle to .22LR, under 7 lbs. MLOK rail, adjustable trigger, heavy bolt knob, adjustable stock, accepts 10/22 magazines and comes with a standard 10 rd. flush and a 15 round rotary magazine. I was quick to get it running with a spare scope and ring set laying in the shop and was not real impressed with accuracy. It was real good, not great.

I have recently replaced the given to me rings/3X9 scope with a more appropriate set 30mm/4x14 FFP scope and I'm really beginning to enjoy this rifle that is about $100 less than the Tacticool CZ 455. It still is suppressed with an 18" barrel and standard velocity 40 grain rounds.

I have not spent money on target/match grade ammo but with CCI 40 grain standard velocity ammo @ 38 yards this set up will group 5 shots easily into one .36 caliber hole or less. Suppressed it makes less noise than an air rifle. At that distance tree rat eye shots are easy.

These were the two rifles I had narrowed it down to after researching the web asking the same question.

The Precision Trainer has a length of barrel selection and a composite stock. The Varmint Tacticool only had the 16.5" barrel only.

I just checked and it appears they do now offer the Precision Trainer threaded. When I was looking hard they didn't and for that reason alone I was about to drop the hammer on the the Tacticool CZ 455. Both are heavy .22 LR rifles >7lbs, not really an issue with me but some it is. Both should offer the same accuracy, which is reportedly excellent throughout the web and both come with a nearly flush fit 5 shot box magazine.

If your looking at 16.5" barrel the >$100 difference comes down to non-adjustable stock choice currently and that's a personal choice.

And then something amazing occurred.

Ruger downsized their precision rifle to .22LR, under 7 lbs. MLOK rail, adjustable trigger, heavy bolt knob, adjustable stock, accepts 10/22 magazines and comes with a standard 10 rd. flush and a 15 round rotary magazine. I was quick to get it running with a spare scope and ring set laying in the shop and was not real impressed with accuracy. It was real good, not great.

I have recently replaced the given to me rings/3X9 scope with a more appropriate set 30mm/4x14 FFP scope and I'm really beginning to enjoy this rifle that is about $100 less than the Tacticool CZ 455. It still is suppressed with an 18" barrel and standard velocity 40 grain rounds.

I have not spent money on target/match grade ammo but with CCI 40 grain standard velocity ammo @ 38 yards this set up will group 5 shots easily into one .36 caliber hole or less. Suppressed it makes less noise than an air rifle. At that distance tree rat eye shots are easy.
Those were the exact 3 I was contemplating on. I'm eager to see what kind of groups you get with some match ammo. But ultimately I think im leaning towards the 455 cause the tunability I'll have with stringed shots that I couldn't do with the Ruger. I got the Boyds stock on a Savage fvsr and it definitely tightened up the group's so i know I wouldn't lose with either the precision or tacticool on the 455. But really, How much more of a difference am I going to see with the Precision vs the tacticool model. At this point I guess it's whichever one is available to me first.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a 452 american left hand in a manners stick and I love it. Only downside is the lh models don’t come with a heavy barrel option.

I've had both. Sort of. I bought the Tacticool and then swapped someone for the Manners stock on my 455. I then sold the Manners for a Mcree Chassis and the LR barrel for a WMR. All 3 configurations shown below. FWIW, the Manners was the best, comfort wise, but I wanted more mounting capabilities for NV and a fully adjustable comb which is why I went with the Mcree chassis. My daughter loves the rifle, shown suppressed in the last photo with the Dead Air Mask.

Back
Top Bottom