• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ 75 Cast Bullets

Silly question—you have a CZ. The question is, what won't it feed?
For two original CZ-75s (early '80s), I haven't found a lead bullet that doesn't feed and chamber perfectly--after I find the COL that feeds and chambers. So, any RN, FN, or SWC has fed just fine, with SWC being the most accurate.
Note: All of my comments about a bullet deal with accuracy at 25-50 yards and not aimed at any action pistol usage.

If you want to cast your own, the SAECO #377 123gn L-TC and Lyman 120gn #356242 work well.
The H&G #12B 130gn L-SWC worked very well (good luck finding a mold), as did the LBT 0.359" 140gn L-FN and the SAECO #929 145gn L-SWC.
Even the Lee 358-105-SWC (105gn L-SWC) and the Lee 358-158-SWC (158gn L-SWC) have functioned perfectly.
In all cases, the bullets are nominally 0.358" in diameter, as-cast (I don't size my cast bullets), and very lightly tumble lubed in Lee Liquid Alox.

I haven't tried very many, but I have tried the following commercial bullets:
The best commercial lead bullet I found was MasterBlaster's 115gn L-SWC, but they are gone now.
Penn's 115gn L-SWC is said to be the same, but it did not give me the same accuracy as the MasterBlaster bullet, but it is still quite good. I use 0.358" and they are running $70/1000 (you can also get it coated now)
A simple bullet would be the Bayou coated 124gn L-RN ($68/1000). Not the most accurate, but not bad at all and should feed in EVERY 9x19 around.
Precision Bullets (Kemp, TX) swaged and coated L-TC bullets in 115 ($65/1000) or 125gn $68/1000) L-TC bullets are excellent. These are fantastic as they are swaged so they are as dimensionally and weight consistent as jacketed bullets and the coating works perfectly (new coatings may be "better," but I don't see how you can be better than perfect).
If you order commercial, try 100-200 first and, when you find what you like, order at least a CASE and save.

I shoot this bullet (Lee 120gr. TC) in a MK3 Browning Hi Power. I have shot it in a few different Glock 9MMs and a .357 Sig Glock barrel. I have shot it a couple different KelTec P3ATs and a DiamondBack DB380. As for the COAL I would have to look in my reloading journal. They shoot real well in all guns I have fired them in.

I seat the bullet so that about 30-40 thou of the side of the bullet is above the case mouth. You may have different results however.

EMC45, Good to hear your positive results with the LEE 356-120-TC. I ordered one and received it today.casted some bullets to try.

Jerry- I have my journal in hand. I seat the Lee 120gr. TC out to 1.050 and iron out the bell of the case mouth with a slight taper crimp. My usual load is 3.5gr. Bullseye, however that may be a little light. I just load these up for plinking.

I also size them to .358 for the Browning and .356 for the .380s

EMC45, I just loaded a box to try next time at the range. I loaded 3.2 grains of HP38 (3.2 grains of HP38 cycles the gun with low recoil) with a COAL of 1.05. So, sounds like I may be headed in the right direction. The CZ 75's have a short throat. When seated to 1.05 with the LEE 356-120-TC bullet about .04 of the bullet diameter is showing. Thanks for helping. Jerry PS: Dawson Precision has the CZ sights,,,

Back
Top Bottom