• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ Dan Wesson 1911's

Leveraction44

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
33   0
Reaction score
Any thoughts on these pistols? I have recently got in to 10mm and saw some videos of different models. These are evidently highly thought of, and the prices reflect it. Pictures and experiences with the pistols are welcome.

Best 1911 for the money IMHO. I have owned 5 and still have 2 left (traded 2 towards and ed brown). They don't make a bad model and hold their own against the higher end custom guns. Get one and you wont be disappointed.

I have 2 (not 10mm) DW pistols. One of my carry guns is a Guardian 9 (9mm) 1911 and it is really nice. Fit, finish, feel, and over all look are top notch. It is not a custom; but it is above the Kimbers (have Pro TLE and Warrior) and such for close to the same money. I also have an older one (pre CZ) in 45acp and the quality is not the same as you can see some machine marks inside of the slide. However, it was priced like RIA, so no surprises there. I know that everyone that has shot my Guardian 9 has been impressed with it way it feels and the trigger. The tolerances are very tight and they are worth the money IMO over the mass produced guns. If you notice, not a lot of these guns come up for sale like the others.

I own Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Colt & Dan Wesson. I have a Razorback 10mm and Discretion in 45. Great value, fit and function. Their Duty coat is one of the better finishes available today.

I have a Dan Wesson Valor and I carry it regularly. I was using it for Bullseye shooting and it's very accurate, tightly fitted and looks great even after about 7,500 rounds. I was lucky enough to grab a Les Baer TRS for about the same money and I use that for Bullseye now.

Don't overlook the Desert Eagle offerings. For less than half the money, they seem to be fine, tight pistols. I've been wanting to try one, but haven't the time now.

I had a Wilson Combat once. A very early one, back when you'd ship them your gun and they'd 'customize' it. It functioned fine but grouped about 6-7" at 25 yards (I had a Norinco at the time which would produce 2.5" groups). I wouldn't give you a shyte for the WC.

I've often seen Dan Wesson referred to as the best production 1911 available. They aren't on the level as your custom guys like Wilson and Nighthawk but they good enough for me and for what I'm willing to spend on a gun.

I want one of these:
cdn.danwessonfirearms.com_ourquality_wp_content_uploads_2016_1f14fe0ffc718f5466f5f4fe999623a23.png

Back
Top Bottom