• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ Dan Wesson 1911's

I've often seen Dan Wesson referred to as the best production 1911 available. They aren't on the level as your custom guys like Wilson and Nighthawk but they good enough for me and for what I'm willing to spend on a gun.

I want one of these:
cdn.danwessonfirearms.com_ourquality_wp_content_uploads_2016_1f14fe0ffc718f5466f5f4fe999623a23.png

I have that one in .45, and I love it. Thats the only gun I've never once considered getting rid of.

For me the biggest negative, on the Razorback, is the sights - no dots, outlines, or bright paint, just black. My eyes don't do well with that. On the other hand, the sights are a strong point for the Bruin. The front sight is a tritium fiber optic and rear are night sight dots. The Silverback has 3-dot night sights. I think for that type of pistol, good fiber optic sights would be my preference.

I have owned a CBOB, CCO, and 2 VBOBs, one I still currently own. I have owned a Nighthawk Talon II bobtail and a WC Bill Wilson Carry. While is not quite the Gun the Wilson was, it was every bit as nice as my sample of Nighthawk for much less money. DW is the best value in semi-custom 1911s you can buy in my opinion.
IMG_1552.JPG

Back
Top Bottom