• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ P01 vs P01 Omega

I have the standard P01. Carry it every day. I don’t want or need to change to the safety. I prefer the decocker.

I would have bought an omega but found a better deal on the decocker

I have the standard P01. Carry it every day. I don’t want or need to change to the safety. I prefer the decocker.

I would have bought an omega but found a better deal on the decocker
So I thought I had this figured out but maybe not. The standard has a decocker/safety and is intended to be carried on safe, hammer down and when drawn, shot double action on the first shot. The Omega is a safety only and is intended to be carried cocked and locked.

Is this right?

I know some of the internals differ and the Omega is suppose to be simpler to work on.
However, upgrades like Cajun gun works stuff - not all of the Standard parts would work in the Omega.
But they do make specific Omega trigger resets, springs etc.
And like said above the Omega is designed to be convertible from decocker to safety easily.
The single action of the Omega from factory is slightly improved/lighter.

So if you ever intend to customize with aftermarket parts, the Standard model might be the way to go.
I recently shot the Omega and the trigger reset was crisp. I prefer the flatter shape over the curved trigger as well.

Get Omega if you stay all factory.
or get the Standard if you want to customize.
Most would be happy with either.

One other thing to mention, if you shoot it a lot, and you tend to have a high thumbs forward grip, the decocker lever on the standard model will rub your thumb. The forward swept lever on the omega is better to me.

Back
Top Bottom