CZ PCR vs P-01?

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
I'm tired of waiting for a PCR I've ordered as part of a trade. I'm thinking I may punt and try and source a P01 (not sure it'll be any easier), ideally the Omega. I have zero use for the rail.
Any comments regarding differences from those that have owned/shot both?

** edit: Nevermind, PCR is en route. :afro:

Both shoot the same. PCR is a bit more balanced due to having less weight up front, but not much. P01 Omega is hard to find, there was one here for a good price. You honestly can't go wrong with either. If you must have a safety, then look for the P01 Omega Convertible .

The PCR and P-01 thickness is negligible. I have the PCR for the same reason that i would never use the rail. I also find the narrower profile up front is a bit easier to slip into an IWB holster without effort.

Had both....can't go wrong with either. However, if we aren't talking Omegas then I slightly prefer the PCR for the sole reason that I have no use for a rail and would rather have the miniscule weight savings.

The main difference to ME in the PCR and P0-1 is first as mentioned the rail, which wasn't a deal breaker for me .
I picked up the first model that was available which was the p-01.
the main difference for me is that the PCR for some darn reason has a different rear sight and dove tail cut than the other CZ's, so availablity of different types of sights is a lot more limited.
Not sure IF the sights are the same height as the other compact cz's?
most CZ sights are the same dove tail and same factory height so replacements / after market are easy to obtain.

I've owned both and prefer the PCR for the reasons above and have zero use for the rail. Of course the PCR looks way better too :)

Back
Top Bottom